SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR small parts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR small parts Login/Join 
posted
Where is the best place to buy bulk small parts? I am looking for springs, detents, roll pins, etc. for both upper and lower.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I like Damage Industries for some of the small stuff.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brownells, wait for a sale. One stop shopping.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

No sale at the moment, but free shipping for over $99.

You can buy individual parts or a kit like this:

https://www.brownells.com/rifl...x?avs%7cMake_3=AR-15

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

Brownells is way to expensive on the little stuff. A take down detent at Brownells $1.19 for one. I have found them for $.30 each in bulk before.

CDNN has some good pricing, but I am not finding everything I am looking for. I am trying to find one place that way shipping doesn't eat up the savings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: am94pm,

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I have never bought in bulk, but beware no-name parts.

A buddy of mine scored some cheap fire control groups.

They were junk and we had to rob my spare parts bin for everything from disconnector springs to hammers.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Brownells, Midway, CDNN, MidWest Gun works.

Inevitably, they wont have all the parts you want at one place.

Red Barn Armory is another good one with their DITY parts kit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
When I did my build recently Brownells was out of stock on a lot of the small parts, I ordered an LPK and extra pins, detents and springs from Primary Arms

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Sionics weapons system

They have builder kits and essential spring/detent kits

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Did G&R Tactical stop selling parts kits?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
I have never bought in bulk, but beware no-name parts.

A buddy of mine scored some cheap fire control groups.

They were junk and we had to rob my spare parts bin for everything from disconnector springs to hammers.

Good point and I understand. I am looking for reputable sources with bulk pricing.

posted Hide Post
I do not want to rely on kits only. Some of the kits come with stuff I don't need. When I build my ARs they all have the same charging handle, bolt release, mag release button, 1 of 2 drop in trigger groups, and 1 of 2 grips.

All I want is the small stuff pins, detents, springs etc. You know the stuff that you drop when building or needs to be maintained.

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately bulk pricing usually would not kick in until you bought 500 or 1000 pieces, and in some circumstances 5K or more of them. If you only want five or so, try to buy them locally from a reputable source otherwise shipping will meet or exceed what you want to spend on the parts. IMHO.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
I do not want to rely on kits only. Some of the kits come with stuff I don't need. When I build my ARs they all have the same charging handle, bolt release, mag release button, 1 of 2 drop in trigger groups, and 1 of 2 grips.

All I want is the small stuff pins, detents, springs etc. You know the stuff that you drop when building or needs to be maintained.

I've found the TTI parts kits from Brownells to be pretty good deals. They don't sell every small part though.

https://www.brownells.com/manu...tti%2bintl/index.htm

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just google Oops Kits... they are all pretty much the same...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:

I've found the TTI parts kits from Brownells to be pretty good deals. They don't sell every small part though.

https://www.brownells.com/manu...tti%2bintl/index.htm

Thank you! For some reason those did not come up when I looked. That is exactly what I am looking for and prices are not terrible.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Check out Primary Arms. They ship very quick. Same day if you order by 5pm.

Also check out DSG Arms. They're based out of Ft. Worth, I believe.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Red Barn Armory.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks every body. I think between what every one has posted I can go 2 places and get everything I am looking for.

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I was cleaning my rifle today and the firing pin retaining cotter pin decided that I was not going to go back in. It just quit. No amount of persuading would make it go all the way in. There I was, cursing myself as a fool because my rifle was now a club due to a part that cost cents to make and a couple of dollars to buy. I was about to order some and then I remembered this discussion. And I checked my parts box. A "Bushmaster Lost Parts Kit"! I had ordered one.
Cotter pin replaced, rifle no longer just a club.
I ordered another parts kit, as insurance. They are useful, evidently.

Thanks, Sigforum!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post