SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bergara B-14 HMR .308 w. Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bergara B-14 HMR .308 w. Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Well, all I need now is a .22 pistol and I will have every firearm (caliber-wise) I felt one MUST have.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Well, all I need now is a .22 pistol and I will have every firearm (caliber-wise)

Really? Every caliber?

Pretty rifle Cool

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
My goal was a .22 pistol, .22 rifle, 5.56 rifle, .308 rifle, and a 12 gauge.

I don't have a .22 pistol, though I do have a .300blk rifle. LOL Not sure if that satisfies my bucket list though.

And thanks. Hopefully it'll be a good platform to learn long-range shooting. I think the only times I routinely shot past 300m was with an Abrams.

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Oh man, that's a short list. Looks like you need to explain to the misses that you've got some catching up to do. There's a lot of numbers between .17 HMR and 12 Gauge.

How are you liking that vortex? I've been trying to decide whether I want the HST or the HS LR in 6-24x50. It's not going on anything fancy, just a remington 700 magpul in 308.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I just got it in today. Seems nice, though I am no expert.

It's not the missus holding me back (I don't have one), just my personal sense of practicality. LOL

Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. Good luck with it. One of my shooting buddies just purchased one in 6.5 CM. We were shooting at 1500 yards today and it did extremely well.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I shot one in 308 and I was quite impressed. Not as slick as my Tikka's but I liked it better than the current Remingtons.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
One of these in 6.5 paired with a Nikon Black X1000 is what I would like.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
Solid setup. Ive heard good things about Bergara.

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Took it out this morning to at least get it on paper at 100m. I think sticking a 20moa base on it may have been overkill. Big Grin Anyway, 15 rounds of 168gr Hornady A-Max (Black?) later and I think I made a great buy. Didn't bother measuring anything, but I think I am shooting 1 MOA with it. And considering that I've never shot a bolt gun bigger than a .22 and had 4 cups of coffee immediately prior to going out, I am more than pleased with that. LOL

I have a metric shit ton to learn. Heck, just fiddling with the scope is enough!!! But it was fun.

posted Hide Post
These Bergara rifle's are one heck of a deal! My 2 6.5 CM's shoot about .5MOA with Hornady ammo. I could not be happier. I topped mine with Nikon's BLACK X1000 scope.

Bart

Posts: 58 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bart940:
These Bergara rifle's are one heck of a deal! My 2 6.5 CM's shoot about .5MOA with Hornady ammo. I could not be happier. I topped mine with Nikon's BLACK X1000 scope.

You Devil Dog you!!!! That is the exact setup I am wanting.
Which reticle??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post