SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    If you are looking for a good BCG at a good price with free shipping...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you are looking for a good BCG at a good price with free shipping... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...Toms Tactical has Toolcraft (made in Marion NC) bolt carrier groups on sale for $64.95 with free shipping. These are very nice BCGs and Toolcraft stands by their products...

http://www.tomstactical.com/to...e-ar-15-m16-5.56-223

Toms Tactical also has a really nice nickel Teflon trigger group at a good price...the one I installed is smooth with no grittiness and breaks clean at a little over 6#...I'm ordering another...

http://www.tomstactical.com/To...ger-Group_p_169.html

They ship quick too...my last order from them was made on a Sunday and in my mailbox the following Thursday.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Even has the tool steel extractor, I think that is the mil-spec BCG.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

I know they have been active for awhile in the production of military contract BCGs as well as various "private labels", Spikes being one IIRC...as well as Ruger (their AR556 is made in NC)...

http://toolcraftinc.com/products/

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Tom's Tactical is one of my go-to places for AR parts. They have a limited selection of items, but on the things they stock, they usually have the lowest prices online.

I've been very happy with the Nickel Teflon trigger groups I've gotten from Tom's. Same as the Nickel Boron or Teflon coated "Enhanced Triggers" offered by a number of other manufacturers, at a lower price. I can't tell a difference between my $38 Tom's Enhanced Triggers and my $69 ALG ACT triggers.

Posts: 32422 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:

The bolt is 9310.
Isn't milspec Carpenter 154?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
quote:

The bolt is 9310.
Isn't milspec Carpenter 154?

Bruce

Even though 9310 is not mil-spec...Faxon put out a blog reply from questions on why they chose to use 9310 instead of Carpenter 158 mil-spec in their bolts...pretty interesting short read Smile

http://faxonfirearms.com/blog/...in-an-ar15-m16-bolt/

Jimmy Buffet

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. "Milspec" is not always "better".

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this.

I'm bookmarking their site Smile

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a bcg. I've never heard of this site and wish I hadn't. I don't need someone else taking my money Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Wow. I ordered one too, and just over half an hour later I got an email saying it had been shipped.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Got one. Had a mil spec (cage code) toolcraft bcg in my last build and it was good to go.

Posts: 3584 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
The last toolcraft BCG I bought was excellent so Toms Tactical has become the recipient of my money and of course I had to add a few more items that no one else seemed to stock. Shipping was fast, ordered on Tuesday and got the order today.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
How do you guys justify a spare bcg??!!!

Every spare bcg I had ends up turning into a new rifle.

Frown

So I stopped buying spare bcgs.

I still have three stripped lowers collecting dust and trying not to have them turn into new rifles.

Page bookmarked but doing my best not to look at their site

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Got mine today, wish I would have ordered a few more.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
How do you guys justify a spare bcg??!!!

Every spare bcg I had ends up turning into a new rifle.

Frown

So I stopped buying spare bcgs.

I still have three stripped lowers collecting dust and trying not to have them turn into new rifles.

Page bookmarked but doing my best not to look at their site

There has not been and probably won't ever be a better time to build ARs.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
The one I ordered on the 13th arrived on the 15th (USPS). I'll drop it into a rifle one of these next few days and go put just a few rounds through it to verify function, but it looks good.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Dang you guys!!! Mine came in 2 days.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Got mine in 2 days too. Looks like good quality. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Too good to pass up, ordered one as a backup.

Thanks for the link! I have not used them before.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I broke down and bought one. Will use the bolt as a spare for 5.56 and use the carrier on a 6.x build. Haven't decided if I want to do 6.5 or 6.8. will be strictly for suppressed plinking since I am resisting going to .308 but want to use my .30 cal can on something other than 300blk and 5.56.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post