SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Out of State C&R Machine Gun on Form 4 Purchase to NFA Trust, How would this work?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Out of State C&R Machine Gun on Form 4 Purchase to NFA Trust, How would this work? Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
How a transfer work and what options are there?

Any benefit in getting a C&R for direct transfer to an individual, and later moving to a trust?

The seller is an FFL.

With two form 4’s would he hold the gun until the first form 4 clears.

Does the first form 4 transfer ownership to my FFL?

Out of State C&R Machine Gun on Form 4 Purchase to NFA Trust, How would this work?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
is the gun on a Form 3 or a Form 4?

C&R can go directly to you the C&R holder, (if you have a C&R license)
you will put it in your bound book,

Form 4 to an Individual or Trust,

if the Dealer is out of state, and you are not a C&R, then it will have to be Form 3'ed to an instate Dealer, then Form 4'ed to you or your trust

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't it come to the C&R holder first and then go onto the trust as a transfer from the C&R holder? Just like buying a AR lower then assigning it to the trust to do a from 1 on it?

Posts: 147 | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
C&R can only transfer a vintage or "older" firearm.
An automatic weapon requires transfer as an NFA item --from FFL to in state FFL. Tax stamp need to be paid coming and going. FFL can then transfer to Trust after paperwork clears.
C&R is of no benefit for NFA items.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It’s on a form 4.

So it looks like two form 4’s.
Are form 4’s any quicker ffl to ffl?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C&r license does work for an machine gun over 50 years old . I have purchased a Reising Mod. 50 from a 03 ffl out of state and later sold the gun to an individual holding a C&r license in another state. Just file a form 4 and pay tax.
. As for the trust tranafer. The trust would have to have license. Otherwise you could just transfer it from you to the trust and this would require another tax paid transfer.

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
It’s on a form 4.

So it looks like two form 4’s.
Are form 4’s any quicker ffl to ffl?
Plus $200 per form 4. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:
C&r license does work for an machine gun over 50 years old . I have purchased a Reising Mod. 50 from a 03 ffl out of state and later sold the gun to an individual holding a C&r license in another state. Just file a form 4 and pay tax.
. As for the trust tranafer. The trust would have to have license. Otherwise you could just transfer it from you to the trust and this would require another tax paid transfer.

this is the correct answer,

also, reach out to NFA branch to make sure it is actually a C&R MG,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post