SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger AR556 pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger AR556 pistol Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
This sounds like a pretty good gun for the price. Has anyone got any hands-on experience with one of these yet?

https://ruger.com/products/ar556Pistol/models.html

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Buy PSA AR pistol for much cheaper.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup but it’s a psa

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
+1
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Buy PSA AR pistol for much cheaper.

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can we get this into the pistol forum?

Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
can we get this into the pistol forum?

That's where I originally started this thread.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So how did it migrate over here? Maybe I misunderstand where these ar pistols go?

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
With all the deals out there, I don't see any reason to spend $900 on an AR pistol, PSA isn't the only company offering deals ... Maybe if I concidered Ruger a premimum company I'd feel differently.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
So how did it migrate over here? Maybe I misunderstand where these ar pistols go?

I started THIS thread. It probably should have been in the pistols section, but by habit I put “AR” and “rifle” together.
So, my mistake.

Posts: 6298 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
With all the deals out there, I don't see any reason to spend $900 on an AR pistol, PSA isn't the only company offering deals ... Maybe if I concidered Ruger a premimum company I'd feel differently.

Street price is about $699. Still high in this market, however. The PSA one goes for $520.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course Ruger has an actual warranty and the capability to do something when you have an issue and based on my experience PSA does not.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course Ruger has an actual warranty and the capability to do something when you have an issue and based on my experience PSA does not.

Whatever your experience with PSA is, I don't know, but, according to their FAQs, it should be reassuring. What do you think?

quote:
What do I do with a firearm that is not functioning correctly?

If this firearm is not manufactured by Palmetto State Armory, only the manufacturer of the firearm will be able to assist you with any issues pertaining to the firearm.

If the firearm is manufactured by Palmetto State Armory, we offer a 100% Unlimited Lifetime Warranty on all of our firearms and parts. We will pay for shipping to have the firearm or part sent back to us, and the return shipping to you. If you have a problem with your PSA firearm, when contacting us please describe what issues you are having, and provide pictures to help us better assist you.

Phone 803-724-6950

How about that, 100% Unlimited Lifetime Warranty, not just the typical Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Q

posted Hide Post
Of course I'm not a lawyer but I have some idea that the unlimited claim of PSA and the limited of others are really the same thing. Here's the PSA exclusion..."Palmetto State Armory will not be responsible for the results of careless handling, unauthorized adjustments, defective, low-quality, reloaded, or improper ammunition, corrosion, neglect, ordinary wear and tear, or unreasonable use."
But to argue on this case isn't really relevant as Ruger doesn't offer a warranty per se afaik.
Having said that my personal experience is that Ruger is exceptional on customer service even for very old firearms and PSA is not even for brand new parts.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, what exactly was your experience with a PSA manufactured firearm that didn't function properly that you had to send back in? And, I'm asking this to anyone else that had to do the same. It's important to know.

Q

posted Hide Post
First to the original discussion it is confusing to me on what exactly PSA offers for a warranty on firearms or even parts. The quoted warranty is Palmetto State Armory firearms and parts are backed by our Unlimited Lifetime Warranty as noted above. But the return policy is "All sales of firearms, loaded ammunition and clothing are FINAL, and returns are NOT ACCEPTED." Even parts is 30 days.
The issues I have with them is that first the phone system is problematic in terms of wait times at best and simply unusable by anyone with a life. Second the promised tickets to return things takes several tries, third repair/replace takes unreasonable times and lastly there is no status that can be checked.
If you look at the collective internet what you see is they are overwhelmed by the volume and perpetually say (and this is a direct quote) "We have been dealing with higher than normal call and email volumes, and while that may give a perception that we are not willing to fix issues that arise - we are dealing with issues as quickly as we can. "
j

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Actually, it's not confusing, when you read carefully and include all that is written.

Under Return Policies,

quote:
A. Firearms, Ammunition, and Clothing:
All sales of firearms, loaded ammunition and clothing are FINAL, and returns are NOT ACCEPTED.
Once a firearm is transferred to a customer's name, Palmetto State Armory will not accept a return or exchange under any circumstance.
If a defect is discovered by the customer after shipment and transfer of ownership, the customer must contact the firearm manufacturer directly for replacement or repair.

And, if the firearm happens to be manufactured by PSA, they pick up the tab. On the other hand, they are not going to accept return of a firearm made by another manufacturer for repair/replace. All this is clearly spelled out in their FAQs section, as noted above.

ETA: Sorry, OP, I'm outta here. I've derailed this thread enough.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I agree with the buy a PSA comments. They are an awesome company with an awesome warranty. They work very hard to produce quality guns and they stand behind them.

Unlike when Sig was having problems with the 365 and telling everyone their gun was ok, when PSA had issues with their AKV, they halted production, made a few changes, put out a detailed video on what the changes were and then allowed everyone who had previously purchased the AKV to send in their guns to get all the upgrades for free.

I buy PSA with confidence, they are affordable and GTG.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post