SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Question on replacement mags for older 22 AR conversion kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on replacement mags for older 22 AR conversion kit Login/Join 
Picture of redlickranch
posted
I bought this AR 22 conversion kit years ago. Found it again yesterday and wanted to see since there are so many other magazines out there what might fit this? CMMG, Blackdog etc.

This only holds 10 rounds. I have a few pics to see if anyone has messed with aftermarket mags for this kit.

Thank You.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This is the older feed lip molded into the mag body from Black Dog Magazines...it has the same feed lip profile (cutouts) as the one you posted...they no longer make this style...

Below is the new Black Dog X-Form magazine with replaceable nylon or stainless steel feed lips...it has a different feed lip design, but is supposed to work with a bunch of conversion kits...it has replaced the older design...

I think the design changes were made to use newer better feeding followers...

You might want to check with Black Dog with your pictures to see what they say (that's a hunk of nylon in that mag) Big Grin

Best place to order such magazines is 44mag.com

EDIT...if you send your mailing address to my email shown in my profile, I will INSTANT KARMA you a new Black Dog X-Form magazine (it will also just be a 10 round) but you will know it will work in your conversion before you order.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
The magazine is from the USAF 22lr conversion kit, not the Army M261 unit. I would contact Black Dog Machine and ask them if they make a magazine for that system.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info guys.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Spend some time scanning GB and eGhey for Air Force conversion magazines. They show up in both places from time to time. They have been selling in the fifty buck range, but you may luck out and find one(s) for less.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post