SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt 6920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt 6920 Login/Join 
posted
Any reason to buy one if I already have 1/2 dozen home build ARs? 1 20" rifle & 4 16" mids, all with fsb.
The $700 sales have me tempted right now.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Any reason to buy one if I already have 1/2 dozen home build ARs? 1 20" rifle & 4 16" mids, all with fsb.

No.

Buy a silencer.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the definition of market saturation. Eight years ago you would have paid three times that.

When/if 6720s hit $700, I'll probably not be able to hold off.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not gonna buy a can as long as I have to pay Uncle Sam for the privilege. 2 bills a can and I need at least 5 different calibers/cans (I am just doing major jumps here too, 22, 9, 45, 223 & .30 rifle). I got better uses for that grand.
When, if ever, they are not NFA I will likely own one for every threaded barrel I have just for the convenience of shooting without ears and not annoying neighbors. Til then, NOPE.

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not gonna buy a can as long as I have to pay Uncle Sam for the privilege. 2 bills a can and I need at least 5 different calibers/cans (I am just doing major jumps here too, 22, 9, 45, 223 & .30 rifle). I got better uses for that grand.
When, if ever, they are not NFA I will likely own one for every threaded barrel I have just for the convenience of shooting without ears and not annoying neighbors. Til then, NOPE.

SiCo Omega does 223 and 30 rifle, and does it well.

Cans on pistols don't interest me much because they are so unwieldy.

You are letting that $200 keep you from an excellent rifle can.....

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Who is selling the 6920 for $700?

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ero:
Who is selling the 6920 for $700?

Dan

Saw several over the holiday for $730-750. Close enough for me. I think grabagun was one.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It's a classic, so why not?

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
quote:

No. Buy a silencer.

+1 to IndianaBoy's thoughts. Hell may freeze over before cans are no longer NFA items.

Or...
Invest in quality carbine training courses. Learn how much you have to learn.

Sign up for some form of carbine competition. Learn that there are middle-school-aged girls who can shoot better than you.

Invest in some quality optics for your rifles.

Buy ammo, then shoot it, as a follow up from training and/or competition. Then buy replacement barrels for your existing ARs as your shoot volume erodes barrel throats.

A Colt 6920 adds no practical functionality to your existing ARs. It will likely become a nice dust collector in your safe.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Yup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If you already have a bunch of homemade AR's the only thing a Colt will get you is resale value.

But if you want it and can afford it there is nothing wrong with owning at least one factory complete rifle and the Colt is a great choice.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
quote:

No.

Buy a silencer.

+2 I have no idea why I waited so long to get one, my first was a SiCo Omega too. Capitol Armory has a sale on AAC 762-SDN-6 for $399, why not?

SALE

This can will handle all your rifle needs just about for $600 including stamp.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post