SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone using the Crimson Trace VFG?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using the Crimson Trace VFG? Login/Join 
posted
I'm generally not a big fan of "all in one" type devices, but the ergonomics of this one has me intrigued.

My main question is: How troublesome is the offset of the laser from the bore? It looks like there will be some compensation in both vertical and horizontal hold at any distance other than set zero.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/p...-type-rifles/01-2330

BTW: Real price is closer to $300

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Several, for years. Offset is no biggie, you got wind and elevation control over it. 2 allen screws. The VFG I have on my HD shotgun is set to 10 yards. Rifle, 100.

I've got 2 of the reds and will be buying 2 of the green versions. Love the all in one solution so I'm not buying a separate vfr, light, and laser. And no wiring.

Very pleased with the solution.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
How bright is the white light?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would recommend not zeroing it horizontally, leave the offset. If you make it zero for windage at some distance, it will get wildly off further out, much more so than elevation.

So, measure the horizontal distance from laser to bore and if it is say 2" left, then you just zero it for impacts exactly 2" to the right of the laser.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post