SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SWORD Int
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SWORD Int Login/Join 
posted
Anyone know about these rifle builders? Web site

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a nice chunk of change left over after the home rebuild. I am spending my money on finishing up the Tikka build and I'm going to buy a higher end long range shooter.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
You can get a lot of gun for 3-4K dollars. A REPR, knights armament offerings, etc come to mind.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
You can get a Sako TRG-22 for that kind of money. Of course it's a bolt gun, but it'll shoot long range just fine and there'd be little risk or lack of support.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3k for an AR-15? $4k for an AR-10? That's a lot a coin for semi-auto rifles which the webz doesn't seem to have any real feedback on. For that kind of money (and less!) there are proven, reliable, accurate rifles. Knights Armament, LaRue, Wilson Combat, GA Precision, and JP should be on the short list.

Depending on your Tikka model, its components, its chambering, and the quality of the 'smith building it, the Tikka may shoot better than a semi-auto. Or better stated, the Tikka may be more accurate unless the shooter is really, really experienced with precision AR shooting.

A true precision rifle for long distance should be a bolt action. A budget of $4k can produce a bolt action that no semi-auto can match for accuracy.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting bolt hold open on the lowers.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post