SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New 77-Series Ruger 77/17® Oh, so nice!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 77-Series Ruger 77/17® Oh, so nice! Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
So much class compared to my Savage .17 WSM.

Blued steel, American walnut, checkering, classic lines. Be still, my heart.

And a promise of improved accuracy. We'll have to see if it can turn the .17WSM cartridge into a consistent 100-yard ten-ring performer.

Integral scope mounts, machined directly on the solid-steel receiver, provide a stable mounting surface for scope rings, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field (scope rings included).

• Three-position safety is easily accessible and allows the shooter to lock the bolt to load and unload the rifle with the safety engaged.

• Solid, heat-treated alloy and stainless steel actions feature a rugged, stainless steel bolt with 90° bolt lift and ultra-fast lock time for added accuracy.

• Detachable rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding. Mounts flush with the stock to eliminate protrusions at the rifle's balance point.

• Cold hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning.

• Also includes: sling swivel studs.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Dang those are sweet looking, except for the price!

Would like to see this and a CZ455 / 17HMR go head to head.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I love that classic look.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 77/22 and I absolutely lov it, I’ll never get rid of it. Mine has a plastic stock but I’m thinking of dropping the $$& to get the nice wood ones they sell for it.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I like the looks and the 3 position Mauser safety. It would be a nice companion to my M77 Stainless .270.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I would like a 22 version instead of those damn plastic stocked American rifles. I like 22 for range plinking.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got that very rifle in 22 Win Mag. Classic timeless design. Ruger rifles definitely use gorgeous wood for their stocks!

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I have the 77/22 Hornet. Love that thing.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Bmag, but I have been listing for one of these in 17wsm.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have a 77/22 that I bought new in 1993.

Compared to the Savage, the Ruger is light years more refined.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful rifle. Ruger's 77 series always was a pretty gun.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I have one of the first of those 77/17's Ruger produced. It belonged to my father and was one of his favorites. This rifle has been nothing but a real shooter. 1/2-3/4" at 100 yds on my good days Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post