SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Best 9mm pcc Z5P vs APC9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best 9mm pcc Z5P vs APC9 Login/Join 
posted
Best 9mm pcc Z5P vs APC9

I have a zenith mp5 full-size SBR that I love, and want to fill the PDW roll in my collection,  so i bought the zenith Z5P and haven't really been that impressed. So much so that I am now debating selling the Z5p and replacing it with a B&T APC9.

If I go with the APC9 cost wise it is kind of a wash, one I get it SBRed.

For the people who have both an mp5k SBR and a APC9 which do you prefer?

Thanks in advance. Cool

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
can't go wrong with either. I have shot a full auto MP5 and also own an APC9. Both are smooth and controllable.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
If you can spend some time checking out the APC9 in person I'd suggest that. I've had and shot plenty of HK's and they're classic and robust. The trigger on the APC is far and away better. It's really going to come down to preference. I absolutely love my APC9 and the only HK I now own is actually my Benelli M1S90 only marked HK. Check one out in person. If you're in SE TN shoot me an email and you can try mine out at the range and compare to yours.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
can't go wrong with either. I have shot a full auto MP5 and also own an APC9. Both are smooth and controllable.

Is there a difference in felt recoil between the two?
That was one of the main things I like about the mp5 vs something like the CZ scorpion and what concerns me about the blowback action of the APC9.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
If you can spend some time checking out the APC9 in person I'd suggest that. I've had and shot plenty of HK's and they're classic and robust. The trigger on the APC is far and away better. It's really going to come down to preference. I absolutely love my APC9 and the only HK I now own is actually my Benelli M1S90 only marked HK. Check one out in person. If you're in SE TN shoot me an email and you can try mine out at the range and compare to yours.

I'm in WA so your a little far away, or i would take you up on the offer. Big Grin

I have indeed played with one and was impressed, haven't shot one and the whole blowback operation kind of turned me off from my experiences with other blowback guns... allthough it sounds like this could be different.

posted Hide Post
I have a fullauto MP5K-N and MP5-N. I have fired the fullauto APC9 on multiple occasions and compared it side by side to the MP5K-N. My K-N has the 28 locking piece and about the same ROF as the fullsize. The APC9 is subjectively every bit as smooth as the MP5 series in my opinion. The APC has better ergonomics, is ambidextrous, has better optic/accessory mounting, has a last round bolt catch, and its operating system is very simple.

The simple answer is to buy them both.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
JoshNC, you sir always have the best advice! Big Grin

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter22:

I have indeed played with one and was impressed, haven't shot one and the whole blowback operation kind of turned me off from my experiences with other blowback guns... allthough it sounds like this could be different.

The hydraulic buffer is what sets the APC9 apart from other direct blowback SMGs. The APC is very very smooth.

"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses, you guys have convinced me to pick up an APC9. Big Grin

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post

FBHO
posted Hide Post
What problems are you having with your Z5P? Mine runs like a champ and is quite accurate. Zenith has very good CS.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
JoshNC, you sir always have the best advice! Big Grin

Well thanks, 10X. As my friends can attest I'm great at helping others spend their money. Smile

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I remember talking to you years back about a 556 / 551 build. Invaluable advice.