SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    550/551 20 Round magazines @ seedee n n
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

550/551 20 Round magazines @ seedee n n Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted
Just thought I’d share for those lucky enough to own a SAN or Sig 550/551 etc.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...ag.html#.W37hHaQpCEc

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have gone up in price. They were recently $27. I have to resist the urge to buy more, as I’m sitting on a truly pathologic number of Swiss mags.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dont know how you guys can do this stateside!
Standard 20 rd mags go for about 60 Euro in Europe; Switzerland included.
You guys sitting on pots of gold or what ?

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by schatzperson:
Dont know how you guys can do this stateside!
Standard 20 rd mags go for about 60 Euro in Europe; Switzerland included.
You guys sitting on pots of gold or what ?

About $51 dollars in Europe but $35 stateside? Interesting

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
They've been as cheap as $24.99 at CDNN. They keep moving the price around and then having "sales" (an Amazon tactic)

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually I've seen them @ $19.99 within the last year. I should have bought a few then!

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wrong:
its 80 CHF, or 82 USD for 20 rd mags
and 95 CHF, and 98 USD for 30 rd mags.

Its its very close to this elsewhere in Europe.
I travel to Switzerland often and get around the gun owning community and I have never seen them much cheaper than the above.
Besides, I have informal contacts, within SAN and never seen any of the US price for mags-Not even close.

I dont think I am missing anything really, and I can only think of two explanations:
Limited stock liquidation and manufacture not SAN.
But here we are
https://www.gunfactory.ch/
Look up....Zubehör für SIG Sturmgewehre and then Magazine & Ladehilfe

posted Hide Post

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
These are most likely FAMAE mags from Chile. They have a production license.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something like that perhaps OTD.
Is the quality same as SAN ?

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
FAMAE is supplying Chile with SG540 rifles using this magazine.
I have no idea how to evaluate the quality of injected polymere production technologies, but a SIG license and being supplier of on of the strongest armies in latin america should be a good refernce I think.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
CDNN is a liquidation outfit; they likely bought out Sig directly when they discontinued the platform or a distributor or both.

posted Hide Post
I bought a few back in March when they were $29.99 each. They came in plastic bags marked with the SIG logo.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
back up to $38.95

posted Hide Post
Might be worth buying from US and shipping to Europe.
But its probably a no no.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
If it makes you feel any better I bet you pay less for STG57 and 510-4 mags than we do.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by schatzperson:
Might be worth buying from US and shipping to Europe.
But its probably a no no.

The US became pretty strict with ITAR, but it's probably worth while to check if magazines are listed. Google will find the list. If not, contact the US State Department. They are pretty helpful when you find the tone.
If it's not listed, then it's legal to export.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
These are most likely FAMAE mags from Chile. They have a production license.

I'd guess that PGT is correct and that the low prices are simply a reflection of CDNN buying and selling liquidation stock, or perhaps just the fact that they buy and sell in bulk quantities.

I don't know how FAMAE mags are marked or how the current batch of CDNN mags are packaged/ marked but I bought several SAN SIG 55X mags from them a few years ago and they were all marked allemann-agch and packaged as pictured.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I just wish I had a 55X to feed.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post