SIGforum
Sig Mags in a 9mm Ruger Takedown Rifle ??

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8900060064

August 18, 2019, 10:57 AM
T.Webb
Sig Mags in a 9mm Ruger Takedown Rifle ??
Very simple, I've got more of a Sig-ness than I am a Glock-a-holic. So ... I'd love to convert my 9MM Takedown Ruger Carbine to accept Sig mags. Either the P226 or the P320 mags.

Does anyone have any leads on a conversion?

I know I've asked before, but I;m just hoping something new is out there.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

August 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
YooperSigs
I just bought one of the ugly little Rugers myself and have wondered if Ruger will expand the choice of adapters to fit other magazines. The question for Ruger (I would guess) is which mag to adapt?
P226?
P320?
Which would be the most profitable and serve the most users?
I have bought Pmags for mine since they are half the cost of a Glock mag.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
August 18, 2019, 01:02 PM
WARPIG602
Id imagine the 320 mag at this point would make more sense for Ruger.

August 18, 2019, 10:01 PM
hrcjon
As is said above if you look at mag adapters for AR's (a similar market) you will find that the most commonly available ones are colt, glock, Beretta 92, and P320. Which is sort of what you would expect. I'd say a 226 one is unlikely.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
August 26, 2019, 05:33 PM
bubbatime
If they were smart they would release adapters for all common pistols, Beretta 92, Springfield XD, Smith M&P, Sig 320 and P226, etc. How much R&D is a plastic mag well, two weeks worth? Get on it Ruger. Sell the adapters for $50, make money.

The latest KelTec sub2000 multi mag models will accept magazines from like 8 different guns, just have to change the magazine catch.

August 26, 2019, 07:04 PM
djpaintles
When you can buy hi-cap glock mags for $10-$20 how does it make sense for a manufacturer to make a $50 adaptor to use more expensive mags?

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
August 26, 2019, 10:39 PM
bubbatime
The idea is that the carbine uses the same mags as your pistol. People do own other than Glock pistols (gasp).

August 27, 2019, 08:24 PM
hrcjon
Know nothing about the ruger and the complexity of doing a 226. But if there is serious demand they will make one. If there isn't enough but some the aftermarket will make one. If there is neither you will be stuck. That's the case for all these guns.
AFAIK the 226 is way down the list on anything based on its adaption in other platforms. The good news is a 226 mag mimics some others so with mods you might get it working.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
September 01, 2019, 08:18 AM
Fundman
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
When you can buy hi-cap glock mags for $10-$20 how does it make sense for a manufacturer to make a $50 adaptor to use more expensive mags?

I am surprised that an aftermarket company hasn't created inserts for other mags like the Beretta 92 or Sig 320. But I guess the Glock mags are basically universal at this point so there just isn't enough demand for other versions.