SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Winchester 1873 Sporter 357 octagon 24" - pics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 1873 Sporter 357 octagon 24" - pics Login/Join 
Picture of arlen
posted
Just ordered a Winchester 1873 Sporter 357 caliber, 24" octagon barrel. It should arrive next Thursday. The wait will be unbearable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arlen,

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Schwing!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a great looking rifle

Posts: 2223 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful rifle. I have been wanting a Uberti 1873 in .357 half octagon barrel for awhile now. I need to scratch that itch. Congrats and enjoy.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1110 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous. I own two recent production Miroku rifles (like the Winchester). The Japanese make wonderful rifles and the fit and finish is second to none.

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Nice brother . . . .

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
MMMM Case Color

*Drool*

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous rifle, sir. I would have an extremely difficult time waiting as well.

Posts: 17100 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Great rifles. Many of the Cowboy Shooters I know replace the two piece firing pin with an after market single unit.

Check out this thread... http://www.sassnet.com/forums/...chester-1873-miroku/

The first thing I add to all my 1873 rifles is a Surehit site from Slick McClade. www.slickmagicguns.com/SureHitSights.htm

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolan, I went to that website for the Surehit site but it shows "not found".

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Sharp lookin rifle there Sir!!! LOVE. case coloring!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good looking rifle. I have always wanted one.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Rolan, I went to that website for the Surehit site but it shows "not found".

Kaschi, Try this.

http://www.slickmagicguns.com/SureHitSights.html

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rolan!

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Schwing!

Schwang AND schwung....

Thats just a whole load of beautiful awesome right there. Please, PLEASE return with pics and a full report!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Well, my Model 1873 arrived today. BEAUTIFUL rifle. Can't wait to waste a few rounds.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Here are some quick pics from my iphone.
The wood grain is much better than the pics show.

Regards,
arlen

======================
======================

posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing and congrats to your new toy!

What ammo will you take? What bullet shape?

Posts: 123 | Location: Teutoburger Wald, Germany | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful rifle right there Smile...congratulations!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post