SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger American Rimfire Target models!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger American Rimfire Target models! Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
http://www.ruger.com/products/...reTarget/models.html

Free-floated, threaded barrels! Adjustable target triggers!
Laminate stocks! 10-.22 magazines!

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
And the 2017 budget takes a hit already.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Wow!
I could almost be tempted to sell my 10/22 Target for one of those.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
And it comes with a scope base. Ruger has really impressed me the last few years with the offerings they have released.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like a really good rifle for money. I already have a good 22 bolt action, but it would nice try out this Ruger.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I hadnt of just grabbed a 77/22 Id get one of these. The American rifle line from them might not be that fancy but all the rifles ive tried have been reliable and accurate.

One of my friends has been using a RAR for his trapping gun for a maybe 2 or 3 years now and has nothing but good things to say about it.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If they don't cost an arm and a leg, I'd like to get a hold of the one piece scope mount for my new-to-me standard American in .17 HMR. it isn't a factory option, and I'd prefer it to a pair of Weaver #12 bases.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard - You just identified my 2017 purchase.....I will be contacting my LGS who is a HUGE Ruger Dealer to find out if/when and how much......Thanks Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
If they don't cost an arm and a leg, I'd like to get a hold of the one piece scope mount for my new-to-me standard American in .17 HMR. it isn't a factory option, and I'd prefer it to a pair of Weaver #12 bases.

On the hunt right now for one. Picked up a synthetic compact version of these for my son.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This looks exactly like the Savage I picked up for $200. Only a couple of differences the Savage barrel is fluted but came with a crummy stock which I replaced for $175.

The Ruger utilizes a flush rotary magazine which is a HUGE plus in my book and the same as my 10/22 which I have a ton of and are cheap. Though I hate mag changes with my 10/22.

Unlike the Savage mags which aren't flush and seems kind of cheaply made to me and are a bit costly. I scored a couple for $15 but most places are $20 plus shipping.

Be interesting to see the street price.
Savage does not offer their .17 in a threaded barrel. I may have to pick one of these up. To go along with this

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested in getting one of these, email me. 385.00 shipped. Not available yet but should be soon. Email for more info.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
Savage model B17FV-SR is a threaded bull barrel version.....16.5"

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sourkraut:
Savage model B17FV-SR is a threaded bull barrel version.....16.5"

Yep, the Ruger 18" barrel seems a bit long for a good suppressed setup.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Another awesome and desirable rimfire bolt action model is released and once again it doesn't come in lefty.

The first company that makes one of these suppressor ready bolt .22's in lefty is getting my business.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Gonna have to get one.
I have asked my local shop for a Henry AR-7, but I'm tempted to ask for this first.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Just picked mine up last Friday. Haven't had a chance to shoot it for groups yet.
The trigger is decent; crisp letoff with no grit.

It is quite a bit heavier than I thought it would be.
The scope and rings add another pound or so.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
I just fondeled one of those at Cabelas. I also compared it to the threaded synthetic stock non-bull barrel model which is somewhat lighter. I preferred this version actually. And I don't think 1 1/2" longer barrel would make that much of a difference when adding a Suppressor. IMHO of course.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post