Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I picked up some wood from Numrich for my 590A1. Length of pull is much better than the factory polymer for me.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I picked up some wood from Numrich for my 590A1. Length of pull is much better than the factory polymer for me.

Very nice figuring on that stock.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the Magpul furniture because I couldn’t find anything else with a better LOP.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
I went thru this same search a while back. There are a few options for traditional style stocks:

1. The standard factory Mossberg stock is slightly shorter than the Speedfeed but not by too much, around 3/8".

2. The stock that comes on the 18.5" barrel 590A1 Compact is what you probably want. It's about 3/4" shorter LOP. But you have to call Mossberg customer service and order it as it's not listed separately on their website. It's the stock shown here:

Mossberg 590A1 Compact 18.5" Barrel

3. The Hogue 590 Compact Stock is even shorter, closer to a 12" LOP. This is what I went with but I almost think it's too short. I would recommend option #2 above.

Then there's a bunch of different pistol grip/collapsible stock combo options that I didn't really research because I wanted a rifle style stock. Let us know what you end up with. Smile

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Could also go with a Youth Stock, I've seen those done for tactical applications to make it easier to use with vests.

Here's one from Midway

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kilyung:
I went with the Magpul furniture because I couldn’t find anything else with a better LOP.

Agreed. I have the 20" 590A1 and that sucker can be front heavy. I put on the Magpul stock and it is MUCH more comfortable. It also has adjustability with shims.

Plus, if you like pistol grip stocks, this is as close as you can get without losing access to the safety.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I went with the Hogue and added a slip on Limbsaver pad to the butt. It fits perfectly now and the recoil is seriously mitigated.

YMMV,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post

I went with this wood setup, that is cut down to a short 12.25" LOP. Plus the foreend, actually overlaps the receiver by 1/2 inch so I can hold further back on it comfortably, because I have short sausage arms and a big chest (5'3" and can bench press 275lb easily). I did have to change the slide to the shorter 6 1/2" tube version under the forend.

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I first bought a Speedfeed reduced LoP stock, but it didn't really fit quite right against the receiver and I was tired of dealing with it.

Bought a Magpul stock and configured the thing to the exact LoP I wanted, no problem.

More money. Fewer headaches.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post