SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Bren 805 S1
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Bren 805 S1 Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Smooth Gun! Not quite as accurate as a good AR or SCAR but what else is?

FWIW on one of mine I have the CZ Mags Magwell, it runs just fine with Magpul G36 pattern mags.

You haven't tried an AUG mag by chance have you? My AUG mags lock in my CZ mag well but they're a bit wobbly and they don't lock the bolt back but look like they'll feed ok ... I don't have a G36 to try them in ... I might have a bit of time tomorrow night if I can get away from work a few minutes early Smile

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:

FWIW on one of mine I have the CZ Mags Magwell, it runs just fine with Magpul G36 pattern mags.

You haven't tried an AUG mag by chance have you? My AUG mags lock in my CZ mag well but they're a bit wobbly and they don't lock the bolt back but look like they'll feed ok ... I don't have a G36 to try them in ... I might have a bit of time tomorrow night if I can get away from work a few minutes early Smile

Hmmmmm, I have a goodly supply of AUG mags but hadn't even thought of trying them. Now I'm also wondering if G-36 mags might work in my AUGs! LOL

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:

Hmmmmm, I have a goodly supply of AUG mags but hadn't even thought of trying them. Now I'm also wondering if G-36 mags might work in my AUGs! LOL

I've got 20 or so AUG mags too so I tried 2 of the 30 round mags and they worked fine except as mentioned before they were a bit wobbly and didn't hold the bolt back on the last round Smile

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Well for something I like but wouldn't recommend, I seem to keep to keep spending money on it. Although it's still heavy for a 223 the retro magwell and ACR stock don't add any signifant weight, IMHO the ACR stock really improves the ergonomics and aesthetics. With Richard Murphy's (the Lucky Irishman) Bren-ACR adapter it looks like it belongs on the 805.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Parker Mountain Machining has started making parts for the Bren now.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW I tried AUG mags in my CZ 805 with the original mag kit. They were very wobbly. NO way I would ever try and shoot them in my gun. I'll continue to use the relatively inexpensive 805 mags and Magpul G36 mags........dj

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
FWIW I tried AUG mags in my CZ 805 with the original mag kit. They were very wobbly. NO way I would ever try and shoot them in my gun. I'll continue to use the relatively inexpensive 805 mags and Magpul G36 mags........dj

Not even if the zombies were advancing and you didn't have time to pull the rounds out of your AUG mags and reload them into your 805 or g35 mags Big Grin
I sure wouldn't plan on using them either, but in an unforseeable emergency ... I can't really imagine one where I'd have my AUG mags available but not my AUG ... When I said they worked fine, I put a loaded mag in it, released the bolt and the bolt stripped several off a couple different mags ...

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Thread revival— I’m looking to purchase an 805 pistol to SBR. For reasons unknown, prices vary wildly on gunbroker and a few other sites. I’ve seen 1,200 to 1,850 and everything between for what appears to be the exact same gun. Some minor differences in iron sites, but what am I missing? Are there multiple versions or an update I’m unaware of? I’ve googled the 805 and still don’t see why the wide variance in prices.

Any ideas? On the surface it seems obvious to buy the cheapest one, but I feel like there is something obvious I’m missing if another dealer is asking 600$ more for the same thing.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Thread revival— I’m looking to purchase an 805 pistol to SBR. For reasons unknown, prices vary wildly on gunbroker and a few other sites. I’ve seen 1,200 to 1,850 and everything between for what appears to be the exact same gun. Some minor differences in iron sites, but what am I missing? Are there multiple versions or an update I’m unaware of? I’ve googled the 805 and still don’t see why the wide variance in prices.

Any ideas? On the surface it seems obvious to buy the cheapest one, but I feel like there is something obvious I’m missing if another dealer is asking 600$ more for the same thing.

MAGA panic buying prices.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

I figured something to that effect. Just wanted to ensure there’s not some recall or multi-gen issue I’m unaware of.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

I figured something to that effect. Just wanted to ensure there’s not some recall or multi-gen issue I’m unaware of.

I read of another form that Buds has been having blow out sales on them depending on their inventory and demand, and I think it was an employee had responded to their question about the fluctuation and was told it was all done by computer ... but that guy got one for less than $1200 ... it was like $1167 or some crazy number.

I know it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about the $1500 I paid ... but then I've had the fun of owning/shooting it for the last 2 years!

Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I picked mine up from Bud's for LE pricing of $1227.00 last month. Less than $1300 after shipping and transfer fees. I am happy with it.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just buy the cheapest one you can find, they're all basically the same.

I've been very tempted to get a Bren pistol myself. However I just can't find a reason to get one with the ARs and SCARs that I have.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kilyung:
I've been very tempted to get a Bren pistol myself. However I just can't find a reason to get one with the ARs and SCARs that I have.

Sometimes the best reason to buy a gun is just because you wanted the damn thing.

Or if not the best maybe the most fun! LOL

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kilyung:
quote:

Just buy the cheapest one you can find, they're all basically the same.

I said the same thing. Then instead of trying to SBR a SCAR or build a no longer supported Sig P556 pistol, I bought a Bren 805 pistol. Like it so much I just bought the carbine for even less than I paid for the pistol a while ago just to have in case things go sideways with this whole hoopla going on. Should be a nice go-to all purpose rifle. I have a million dollars worth of crap on my SCAR so I don't take it out much anymore and my ol' faithful 556 SWAT Patrol isn't supported anymore, so I needed a new girl to take the reins.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 969 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sometimes the best reason to buy a gun is just because you wanted the damn thing.

Or if not the best maybe the most fun! LOL

This is what usually drives most of my purchases ... I want it and it just eats away at me until I give in.
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
my ol' faithful 556 SWAT Patrol isn't supported anymore, so I needed a new girl to take the reins.

They dont need to be supported anymore because they don't break! I've got 2 police trade-ins and as far as I can tell, they're ~20 years old and all original!

Besides,like "they" say about the AR, two is one, one in none. There are plenty of parts around for them anyway.