SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Amazon is $200 cheaper than anywhere else I can find
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon is $200 cheaper than anywhere else I can find Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
This EBC Brake Kit is $200 less than anywhere else I can find. Amazon is the seller.
EBC S4KF1534 Stage-4 Signature Brake Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008..._api_i_.9dhCb02QTRYZ

I got a set of Brembo pads on Amazon for 1/2 of what everyone else was selling for. They did not last 6 months before the pads separated from the backing plate and had completely destroyed a set of rotors.
Never was able to confirm the were fakes as I never got any responses from Brembo inquiring about the issue.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25338 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
That’s not a muzzle brake. Wink

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Opppps. Thought I was in the lounge.

————————————————

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Amazon is rife with fakes in every conceivable category. Was the seller a completely trustworthy vendor with spotless feedback?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Amazon is rife with fakes in every conceivable category. Was the seller a completely trustworthy vendor with spotless feedback?

The Brembos were sold by Amazon as are the EBCs listed. When prices are super cheap I always double check the seller.
If they still are at that price after Christmas I may order and when they arrive actually call EBC upon their arrival to confirm before installing.
That is a heck of a deal on solid brakes. EBC has yet to transfer production to China. They have facilities in the states and the UK. Not sure which products are made where though.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
It is so hard to deal with fakes on amazon. My STI eats brembo parts. I'm guessing about 50% of the stuff I tried on amazon which all arrived in totally factory looking brembo boxes are fakes. It's really, really hard to know and brembo being Italian has a hard time helping. For pads my solution is to order elsewhere i.e Hawk from the racing channel where fakes are rare. For rotors its just a crap shoot as the number of places to get them is low and I'm not buying OEM. EBC should be able to tell you if the person selling them is a dealer. If not RUN.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's really, really hard to know and brembo being Italian has a hard time helping.

Yes, they were not really responsive at all to my emails. So I have no idea if they were fakes I can only presume as I can’t imagine a true Brembo product doing that.
I had bought a set of Brembos for my Explorer off Amazon before that with no issues.

If I don’t go with these EBCs I’ll likely go with the Baer kit which is $350 from sources other than Amazon including Baer directly.

————————————————