SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Cheap Find of the Week...$209 Rifle & Scope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap Find of the Week...$209 Rifle & Scope Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
I was out shopping for some trees to plant and noticed an 80% off going out of business sale at MC Sports and stopped in to check it out. They only had a few firearms left and I picked from a Ruger American and Savage Axis in .22-250. This was for a beater gun to plug groundhogs and coyotes on my parents farm. I chose the Savage, but had things with both rifles I did not like. The safety and magazine on the Savage were much better than the Ruger in my view being smoother and the Ruger mag appeared to be all plastic unlike the metal Savage with plastic bottom plate. The trigger on the Ruger was probably a little better, but while the Savage had a heavier pull, it broke cleanly. There was $40 difference between the two and the Savage came with a cheap Bushnell 3-9X scope while the Ruger had none. For $209 I can't complain. Next to see how well it shoots out of the box.

Wish me luck!

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post