SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    P14 Remington
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P14 Remington Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
My Eddystone was lonely, so...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice, beautiful rifle!

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats! The grain on that stock set is gorgeous.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

The P14/M1917 is my favorite WW1 battle rifle. Fast and slick action, great combat sights, and the M1917 actually holds 6 rounds in the magazine, since the .30-06 isn't rimmed.

I have one of each, both Eddystone.

My M1917 was actually one of the last 10,000ish M1917s produced in January 1919, in the final few days of production. It's a 1,385,XXX serial. Eddystone's January 1919 production starting at serial 1,328,300 and all Eddystone M1917 production ending on January 11th, 1919 with a serial number in the 1,39X,XXX range. (Nobody's sure of the exact final Eddystone M1917 serial number, but it was just short of 1.4 million. For a while, it was believed that the final serial was in the low 1.3 million range, but rifles like mine have helped to disprove that.)

P14:

M1917:

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I love them, too. Very nice!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Always liked these rifles. Nice pics all.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic rifles. I too have an Eddystone of each both in the 4XXXXX range oddly enough...

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post