SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    JDI imported SAN/Swiss Arms 550P...finally here
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JDI imported SAN/Swiss Arms 550P...finally here Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted

with my 551-2 SP Swat

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Beauty!

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Did it come with the stamped lower or did you swap it out?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Missed getting one of these in the 80’s.... So how are these getting around 922r???

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
They're imported as pistols, thus the 550P moniker. Not getting around 922r...they're compliant with it as imported. Yes, stamped steel lower.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Damn nice! There’s a 7.62 version for sale or trade on another forum and I’ve been fighting trading my Scar17 for it. Probably near impossible to get mags for the 7.62 version.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Mag are available for the 751 SAPR. I've got one on order...should be here in Aug/Sept

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. How are those pistols? They have rifle stocks on. And, they are just beautiful.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
It ships with an end plate, no stock

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but what you posted originally is no longer a pistol. What form/paperwork did you have to do to convert it into the current rifle?

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, but what you posted originally is no longer a pistol. What form/paperwork did you have to do to convert it into the current rifle?

nothing. Its a 20" barrel so not controlled by NFA. I have a US trigger set from ShootingSight, US-made 556 bolt carrier, bolt and 3D printed mag base and follower from Gatewood Supply for 922r compliance. That said, 922(r) is for a manufacturer/importer/makers though BATFE has decisions all over the map on this point.

certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
super nice!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Yes, stamped steel lower.

Wow, I thought they had switched over to all milled lowers. Now I'm really kicking myself for not springing for one.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Where did you get the barrel?

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:

as delivered

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

as delivered

I guess I didn't pose my question correctly. What I meant to ask was "Where was the barrel manufactured?". Did JDI manufacture it or have it manufactured here in the US?

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Not sure. Likely imported but I know they were looking at US-made receivers at one point.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

as delivered

I guess I didn't pose my question correctly. What I meant to ask was "Where was the barrel manufactured?". Did JDI manufacture it or have it manufactured here in the US?

Barrel is SwissArms. These are imported as complete 550s, just in pistol format.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Back to the Eighties!!!!

What is the "18" in the serial Number? Year of Manufacture perhaps? Also where did you get the correct green stock?

Posts: 150 | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post