SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    which 9mm cz evo? ar platform 9mm ?? sig mpx gen1 or 2??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

which 9mm cz evo? ar platform 9mm ?? sig mpx gen1 or 2?? Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Mike Pappas of DeadAir just posted this little gem yesterday, Noveske AR9 with Q arm brace.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
Ok guys,which mp5 clone is best??I have always liked the vector guns.Never shot one,but always read quality and service were great

I have a Zenith Z-5RS that I’m happy with.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a soft recoil, without the price of MP5 look-alike, consider the Guard pistol from CMMG. It is a delayed blowback in the beloved AR format, using Glock 9mm magazines.

The delay is due to having actual locking lugs, similar to AR but not as fully locked. These bolts are cut with a bevel so they don't have as good a grip on the barrel extension, compared to the AR. The gas pressure on the bolt makes it rotate just enough to unlock which lengthens the recoil period. So it feels softer. Or so I am told. Have not fired one.

Bart Noir

Posts: 22 | Location: Soggy Puget Sound | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For you Evo owners, be advised that MagPul just started showing products for it on the interweb. So far I have seen pistol grips, mag release levers, and magazines. I will buy at least one of the mag's just to compare to CZ ones.

Bart Noir

Posts: 22 | Location: Soggy Puget Sound | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bart Noir:
For you Evo owners, be advised that MagPul just started showing products for it on the interweb. So far I have seen pistol grips, mag release levers, and magazines. I will buy at least one of the mag's just to compare to CZ ones.

Bart Noir

Good to know, but it seems like anymore, unless there is something I really dislike about some part on a weapon, I don't replace it ... it was designed for the mass's ... not counting that ambidextrous safety on the EVO ... it had to GO!

Maybe if I was running and gunning I'd want a more aggressive pistol grip or something ... but I don't do that anymore either.

Anyway, I fully support any company that wants to make new weapons or parts/accessories ... well I don't usually support them with my money ... but I think its good.

I'm rambling aren't I ?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well you can easily really dislike the trigger on a EVO. I do. and its annoying to fix it, versus the simplicity of an AR9. The right side safety easy. No need for anything else IMO.
In any case the Magpul CZ mag has its own thread. Most of us want them to do an MPX instead.
I'm totally lost on the original thread and the new MP5 love. I've just about every kind of 9mm carbine you can have...gas, blowback, roller locked and I don't feel a hoot of difference between them on recoil. Now I'll say upfront I'm not recoil sensitive till you get to some big rounds in light guns. But I wouldn't make any purchase decision based on the differences in these guns.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bart Noir:
For a soft recoil, without the price of MP5 look-alike, consider the Guard pistol from CMMG. It is a delayed blowback in the beloved AR format, using Glock 9mm magazines.

The delay is due to having actual locking lugs, similar to AR but not as fully locked. These bolts are cut with a bevel so they don't have as good a grip on the barrel extension, compared to the AR. The gas pressure on the bolt makes it rotate just enough to unlock which lengthens the recoil period. So it feels softer. Or so I am told. Have not fired one.

Bart Noir

THANKS BART.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I have to tell you that I love my Skorpion. If you are anywhere near North GA, I'd let you shoot it.

Photo Jun 08, 10 26 59 AM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

But while we're at it, the new Ruger PC9 carbine is light, soft shooting, and takes Glock magazines.
AND it comes in a "take down" model. Almost 1/2 the price of the CZ. Not nearly as cool.

DSCN1852 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Well, now only 5 hours later, I'm eating my words from above ... I considered how easy it would be to delete them but, oh well.

I do find the EVO trigger a bit shitty, then again, its a 9mm carbine ... but all 3 of my Binary triggers are much better. Not Giselle by any means but, much better than any of the ones they replaced ... So, since there is no chance I'll ever get to convert it to FA, I went looking for a Binary trigger for the EVO, found the Franklin on GunBroker with instant check-out and free shipping, $70 cheaper than on the Franklin site.

Thanks guys, weather permitting I'll let you know how it shoots when I get a chance ... and by the way, I'm blaming this one on y'all Razz

BTW, mine started out as a pistol, then I SBR'd it ... then I got the carbine handguard for the additional protection as the suppressor fits down inside nicely.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I had an extra lower that CZ sent me for my Evo due to the trigger not being user replaceable on the early ones. I drilled my original one out anyways, so I had a spare lower.

I got the binary on a whim and put it in the extra lower. This way I can swap triggers with the push of a takedown pin if I ever want to.

No real reason to do it, but the lower was sitting there with no purpose, so I said why not.

I always thought binary triggers were kinda dumb, but I have to admit, when I shot it, I loved it! It’s just plain ‘ol fun.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I had an extra lower that CZ sent me for my Evo due to the trigger not being user replaceable on the early ones. I drilled my original one out anyways, so I had a spare lower.

<SNIP>

I always thought binary triggers were kinda dumb, but I have to admit, when I shot it, I loved it! It’s just plain ‘ol fun.

Yeah, an extra lower would be nice ... but fun is the only reason I've got any of them, and I'm really looking forward to the EVO trigger. I wonder if there is any reason/rule that would keep you from using one in any kind of competition? 3-gun ... it could be handy in a service rifle match, especially in the slow fire course when all you have to do is acquire your target and release the trigger ... that could easily shave off a few seconds.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I have to tell you that I love my Skorpion. If you are anywhere near North GA, I'd let you shoot it.

Photo Jun 08, 10 26 59 AM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

But while we're at it, the new Ruger PC9 carbine is light, soft shooting, and takes Glock magazines.
AND it comes in a "take down" model. Almost 1/2 the price of the CZ. Not nearly as cool.

DSCN1852 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan
nice guns sir.I bought a ruger pc9 last month.I ws going to start shooting it.My dealer offered 400,as he had a guy who wanted one now.Out of the blue,while on you tube,hickock did a review on a new pc9.He had 3 fte,ftf on his video.That scared me rolan.The pc might be fine,but for 300 more.i have a cz evo.
thanks for advice .

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a 9MM AR SBR and an Scorpion Evo.

I like the AR but prefer the Scorpion.

Lots of options out there to spend lots of money shooting 9MM. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a SBR CZ Scorpion. It’s a great gun. I also really like the Beretta Cx4 Storm a lot too.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rolan
nice guns sir.I bought a ruger pc9 last month.I ws going to start shooting it.My dealer offered 400,as he had a guy who wanted one now.Out of the blue,while on you tube,hickock did a review on a new pc9.He had 3 fte,ftf on his video.That scared me rolan.The pc might be fine,but for 300 more.i have a cz evo.
thanks for advice .

tuumunz,
Wow, that's interesting. I've only got a couple hundred rounds through it, but I've not had any issues.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:

Rolan
thanks for advice .

tuumunz,
Wow, that's interesting. I've only got a couple hundred rounds through it, but I've not had any issues.

rolan,
I agree.i sold mine to my dealer,and he got me a new one .I was going to keep it,put a light on,and i thought i would have a nice heavy 9mm short barrel,with hi cap glock mags.
I was set,untill i sawthe hickock you tube video.
I know a psa,or any other gun can have ftf,fte,any number of mag or gun malfunction's.
But hickocks issue's backed me off from the pc9.
I sure wish it would be mode reliable than what he had happen to him.Maybe because it was new??
I know the cz is just about flawless.
I have talked several le guys out here in the pnw.
They love the cz evo 2.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I have a 9MM AR SBR and an Scorpion Evo.

I like the AR but prefer the Scorpion.

Lots of options out there to spend lots of money shooting 9MM. Wink

Rhino,
All bullshit aside,it is guy's like you,and the other experienced 9mm short rifle shooter's who really help me make a choice.
Thanks to you sf pro's,who understand recoil,getting old,wore out wrist's,tendonitis shouldr's,wore out bicep muscle's etc.
I wont even get into the issue's we have below the shouldr's.lol.Good day rhino.again,thanks a million
I really appreciatee your advice,and evryone else.
I have seen many guy's shoot there cz evo one handed,and if the recoil is that manageable,
i will gladly get a cz evo,for 725 to 750,with brace,barrel, shroud.
I can get a new evo 2,for what a semi auto handgun cost's.Or even less

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
More expensive. But I went with the MPX back when the Gen 2 could be had for $1200 - $1300 + Brace.

It's super soft shooting & will rain down fire faster than you can load mags. Only down side: Mags are $50 right now.

I am on your side in this discussion. Just a fabulous weapon. Easy to break down and accurate. I use gen 1 mags with no problems and they are a lot less expensive.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I have read/seen on YT that (some? Many?) 9mm ARs dont feed hollow points reliably due to the lack of a proper feed ramp. I have no personal experience with 9mm ARs.
Thoughts?

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
I have read/seen on YT that (some? Many?) 9mm ARs dont feed hollow points reliably due to the lack of a proper feed ramp. I have no personal experience with 9mm ARs.
Thoughts?

Both of my AR-9s are Colt SMG magazine-fed and have fed every HP I've tried. IMI X-Star, Remington Bulk 115 gr HPs, Hornady Critical Duty, and a couple others that escape me at the moment. Just shockingly reliable guns.
From what I've seen the Glock magazine guns seem to have more issues in this area than the Colt mag guns, but for varied reasons. A lot of AR-9s tend to be "frankenguns" and that alone can lead to reliability issues; with any ammo.

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post