SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    which 9mm cz evo? ar platform 9mm ?? sig mpx gen1 or 2??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

which 9mm cz evo? ar platform 9mm ?? sig mpx gen1 or 2?? Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
I am really wanting a 9mm cz,or any 9mm i can put on my shoulder to help my wore out arthritic shoulder when shooting.
i have seen a couple like new one owner mpx guns ,at local shows for 900.00.Is there a big difference between gen 1 or gen mpx guns.
Is the sig gen 1 mpx a reliable shooter.

strictly a bedside 9mm .

I see the cz evo for around 800.
would guys spend more and get into a 9mm in a ar 15 platform,
or is the cz evo a soft spft shooting and reliable 9mm.
thanks for advice folks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tuumunz,

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I personally like the CZ Scorpion, until I recently picked up a new Tavor SAR 9mm off GB for $1100, which isn’t much more than a Scorpion carbine. Mags are $14-16 a piece and hold 32 rounds similar to the Manticore Scorpion mags. To me, it just “feels” as light as the Scorpion carbine given it’s a bull pup and the mass is biased towards the rear of the gun and it definitely points more quickly for me. 26” OAL, too so very compact.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm an addict for 9mm carbines. I've a pretty good collection at this point. To your point of your shoulder they are all about the same on a recoil point of view since they all have about the same size/weight bolt and gun when they are blowback designs. (gas like the MPX is different). Me personally at this point based on substantial experience would go AR-9. Why? The CZ is a really really competent package, but it is so much easier to 'personalize' and 'upgrade' an AR. Example trigger fix (the stock cz sucks) on cz its a real project, on AR its two pins and a couple of minutes. Same for everything else like handguards. There is good aftermarket support for CZ but its nothing compared to the AR world.
Happy to advise specifics if you have something I missed.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have a 16" AR style, and it's one of the most fun guns to shoot that I own. Kids as young as 7 shoot it and love it. I'd prefer to have a 10.5" barrel on it, but since the lower came out of the factory as a "rifle" I can't put a brace and short upper on it and call it a pistol. I may take the 9mm conversion parts out of it and put them in a stripped lower so that I can put a shorty upper on it at some point. Still, it takes 32 round mags, never hiccups, and is surprisingly accurate.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Just get them all ... personally I like the HK/clones

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a B&T GHM9 and I absolutely love it. I have a Scorpion SBR that I also like, but I much prefer the B&T.

Either way, you can get a Franklin Armory binary trigger that make them a blast to shoot.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow guys,thanks a million.
which 9mm plat pistol/rifle is the best for the money?? psa? wyndham??
i am leaning to the ar platform after reading your advice

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I recently picked up a B&T GHM9 and I absolutely love it. I have a Scorpion SBR that I also like, but I much prefer the B&T.

Either way, you can get a Franklin Armory binary trigger that make them a blast to shoot.

Thanks es.great advice.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
wow guys,thanks a million.
which 9mm plat pistol/rifle is the best for the money?? psa? wyndham??
i am leaning to the ar platform after reading your advice

Mine is a Rock River, with Rock River internals in the lower, and a locally built upper with Faxon bolt. I had to change out the Rock River 9mm hammer to a standard AR hammer to make the Faxon bolt work.

I have a friend who is putting together a dedicated PSA, with their Glock Magazine capable lower. PSA makes lowers configured for both Glock mags or the Colt pattern mags that you see in mine, which are not convertible back into a stock AR lower. My lower is a standard AR lower with a "Colt block" conversion kit made by Rock River installed in the magwell.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've built two Colt SMG magazine AR-9s with PSA parts and they both run like sewing machines... SINGER sewing machines.
The 10.5 inch braced pistol seems to get out more than the 16 inch carbine, but they're both keepers. Hard to beat PSA's price points as well.
I really wanted to like The CZ when it came out but it was just too "plasticky" (for lack of a better term), and with the AR's ubiquitous parts availability and overall adaptability I'm certain I made the right choice(s).
No matter which way you go, order a case (or more) of 9mm with the gun. These suckers are ammo devouring beasts!

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Just build your own. It is fun and you get to learn the platform intimately.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
<SNIP>

I can confirm that! I've got one for my HK's, a Franklin and an ECHO for AR ... I want to get another HK and one for my Scorpion, next best thing to FA, but there is a learning curve to the AR kit ... The ECHO (for AR) is more of a drop in, the Franklin (unless they've changed it) has different buffer and trigger springs and a bit more finicky.
Except for the AR, Franklin's other triggers are drop in like the ECHO.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’ve been eyeing a Quarter Circle build for some time..

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
which 9mm plat pistol/rifle is the best for the money

The first stop on the AR9 tour is picking a mag. If you are not invested in something else you should go colt style. BUT if you have a zillion of something else like glock then there are plenty of options. If you want Sig 226 or Beretta etc. then the universe narrows very fast. But you can do so.
So assuming you don't have a very specific preference the colt patterned guns have been around forever and mostly it won't matter the vendor. I use colt but there is a price for that. You can easily build one using a mag block. But if you don't want to do that first I recommend you just get a colt or rr or one of the factory built ones. they will run completely 100%.
after that you need to do a little research.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I run a CMMG Mk 9 8" pistol AR with a SB3 brace. Uses Colt mags & has been utterly flawless with the 3k rounds I've put through it so far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Delta-3,

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you looking for soft shooting, or best value for the money? The softest shooting 9mm PCCs are the roller lock MP5s, but they are expensive, even the clones from Zenith and PTR. The delayed blowback action means that they don’t have the heavier recoiling mass of straight blowback designs like the Scorpion, Tavor, or most 9mm ARs.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
So far I’m really happy with my EVO. Built well, totally reliable, and priced great compared to its peers.
[url=https://postimg.cc/21PLWFsW] [/url

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
More expensive. But I went with the MPX back when the Gen 2 could be had for $1200 - $1300 + Brace.

It's super soft shooting & will rain down fire faster than you can load mags. Only down side: Mags are $50 right now.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok guys,which mp5 clone is best??I have always liked the vector guns.Never shot one,but always read quality and service were great

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
In the HK Clones, I've got the Omega MP5K and MP5SD ... I've heard the SD had its teething issues but all were taken care of and given extra "goodies" for the trouble ... mine was fine right out of the box but there was a misunderstanding about the suppressor type ... now they offer the MP5SD with an MP5K 1/2x28 threaded barrel so you can actually use any suppressor you want
My MP5 is a COHARIE ARMS ... once I changed out the bolt carrier for a real HK, with the anti-bounce it ran fine in semi and auto