SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Well, TGS had FDE SCAR 16S's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, TGS had FDE SCAR 16S's Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted
...and I'm not sure how long they will last, but one is coming my way. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats !

I really enjoy mine.

It's nice to see some dealers have these in stock.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I really enjoy my SCARs too, certainly my favorite semi-auto platform. Surprisingly it looks like TGS still has a couple left.

Be sure and share some pictures when it arrives. I'm curious to see with the FDE SCARs are looking like these days since they vary by batch. I had thought about FDE for my last 16S but found a good deal on black one right here on Sigforum. It's also a lot harder for the wife to notice a new rifle when they are all black, she would have certainly noticed FDE! Big Grin

How do you plan to set it up and use it?

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Just general plinking.

I'll probably be able to post pictures this weekend, since it seems like TGS can almost ship stuff faster than I can spend money. Wink

I'll probably set it up with a mid magnification scope. Perhaps 3-9 AccuPower.

What's our opinion of the Super SCAR trigger from Geissele? I'll wait and see what the factory trigger feels like, but everything I own has a Geissele, and I'm a spoiled bastard...

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the Geissele! I put one in both my 16s and 17S and haven't thought twice about it. It was definitely worth the money to me.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comment.

Most probably will, it may have to be a month or so though, the higher priority is the optics..

NRA Benefactor

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Definitely get the Geissele, makes a huge difference over the stock trigger.

Consider an angled charging handle since you will be running a scope. I like the GG&G since it offers great clearance for the optic mount but isn’t so huge that it gets snagged all the time.
http://www.primaryarms.com/gg-...ging-handle-ggg-1533

The Accupower 3-9 is a good choice, I ran the Accupoint 3-9 on my SCAR 17S for a several years and it was a great optic. If you are looking for a QD optic mount I still have the ADM RECON-S 1” that I used for the Accupoint as shown in the picture below. It already has the levers reversed onto the right side so that you can run the charging handle on the left side without busting knuckles on the levers. If you are interested shoot me an email, I just haven’t gotten around to listing it for sale yet.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting one of the more accurate models. Wink

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
What's our opinion of the Super SCAR trigger from Geissele? I'll wait and see what the factory trigger feels like, but everything I own has a Geissele, and I'm a spoiled bastard...

Yup!

A expensive trigger for a already expensive rifle platform but gawd are Mr Bill's triggers sweet !

I have them in both of mine. Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Pictures after fondling it for a bit:

Since I have done a few dry fire and manipulation drills, I have decided to go ahead with the Geissele, a few other usability mods, rail covers and a few other items. Desired optics to come later (I had an Aimpoint 1x laying around), I feel like I'll get more bang out of the trigger replacement than a scope right now, my spending on this guy is going to take a month or so vacation...

I like the rifle a lot, but wow what a horrible trigger to put in an already expensive rifle.

NRA Benefactor

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ah, a virgin SCAR 16. Not for long, I imagine.

Yes, get a Super Scar trigger from Mr Geissele.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Ah, a virgin SCAR 16. Not for long, I imagine.

Yes, get a Super Scar trigger from Mr Geissele.

Well, ask and you shall receive. Wink

NRA Benefactor

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Congrats. My 16s is my favorite 5.56 rifle. Everyone who shoots it loves it.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post