SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Used / issued 1187 police value?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used / issued 1187 police value? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I got a flyer today from a distributor that has some 1187P's that say "police issued" and their asking $425 for them. Seems like it might be a tad high to me unless they've seen little use. What say y'all?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 3859 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paid 400 each for 1100's (12 & 20) in like new condition.

Posts: 6475 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
What year was that? Smile. Main reason I ask is because the couple I see on GunBroker are close to $1000 for the police model. I would *think* they would get used very little.

Posts: 3859 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5-7 yrs. ago. They are standard 1100's and not the police version.

Posts: 6475 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Gotcha.. thanks!

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I bought an 1187 Police from Buds a couple of years ago that was in very good shape for close to $600 so that sounds like a good deal to me.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 9588 | Location: The Temecula Valley | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, Navyshooter. I'm going to investigate further when they open in a bit.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
My buddy got a new 1187P in the summer for $700.

If they're not shot out that sounds like a no-brainer. That's about what I paid for a used Special Purpose 2-3 years ago (wood stocks, parked metal, 26" vent rib, no frills).

Posts: 5305 | Location: Rochester Hills, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Funny you just posted this thread - I just bought a Used 11-87 Police from Gander Mountain online this morning for $380 plus shipping. I thought it would be a fun project gun. I have no idea what kind of shape it will show up in, I'll let everyone know when I get it.

Posts: 2710 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I'll do the same, I decided to pick one of these up since they hand picked one for me.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd give an update. I think I scored pretty good on this one. It's definitely been fired, but very little. I was planning on taking it to a gunsmith for rebuilding but I think that's totally unnecessary. An ultra sonic bath and lubing, plus a couple of upgrades like a jumbo safety, etc and she'll be good!

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

The only thing I did to mine was install a 4 shell mesa tactical sidesaddle I had laying around.

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 9588 | Location: The Temecula Valley | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I couldn't resist getting a few things for it: Scattergun Technology spring and neon green follower for the mag tube, Wilson Combat jumbo head safety, GG&G charging handle and side saddle shell holder. I'm dropping it off today at the spa for it's ultra sonic bath. Big Grin

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
My old department issued 11-87p shotguns. Most were fired perhaps 20 rounds per year. They do require rather stout loads to function.

Posts: 6319 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
My old department issued 11-87p shotguns. Most were fired perhaps 20 rounds per year. They do require rather stout loads to function.

That's good to hear cause I just ordered 65rds of Federal 00 LE buckshot. It looked like the tightest patterning I could find. We'll see how it does.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:

The barrels have wide gas ports, small loads won't produce enough pressure.

Nothing a quick barrel swap won't solve if you want to use it for sporting.

Posts: 5305 | Location: Rochester Hills, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Mine seems to like the Reminton 00 Buck the best.

Montani Semper Liberi

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I'll do the same, I decided to pick one of these up since they hand picked one for me.

Source for the Rem 1187's please.

Thanks,
tp

Posts: 815 | Location: Back in Texas... | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
https://www.kieslerwholesale.com/Default.aspx

You'll need an FFL to order one for you

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
https://www.kieslerwholesale.com/Default.aspx

You'll need an FFL to order one for you

Thank you.

tp

Posts: 815 | Location: Back in Texas... | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post