SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tikka T3x Tac A1 - new toy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka T3x Tac A1 - new toy Login/Join 
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted
Tikka T3X Tac A1 in 308 20” barrel
Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C MRAD
Vortex 34mm Rings
Atlas 170-S Bipod
SilencerCo Specwar 7.62

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarmsVin,

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Very nice setup, I'm sure it will shoot like a laser.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great rifle. I love mine. Used it to shoot out to 1500 yesterday. Good luck with it.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Nice!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
DROOL.....All accounts show this to be one fine and very precise rifle.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Great choice. Let us know how it shoots!

Posts: 4520 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Impressive! Eek

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
excellent looking setup! I have been looking at picking up this rifle in 6.5CM.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That thing is SWEET. I’m sure that’ll be lots of fun.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Tikka only takes a back seat to their sister company Sako, imho when it comes to factory rifles.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Love my .270 T3x, but yours looks a little more fun Cool

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15257 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
Went to a friend’s hunting lease and I was able to sight in my rifle. Started at 50 yards to get a group on paper. I was using 168gr Federal GMM.

At 100 yards I made a minor elevation and windage correction. Adjusted my turrets to 0. I then proceeded to move out to 200 yards

I adjusted about .5 MRADs of elevation and fired 3 rounds. All shots were prone with a rear bag. At the time I was about 20’ above sea level, 30.233Hg, 76.6F, 42% humidity and almost no wind.

Best group of the day measured .751” @ 200 yards. I must say I am thoroughly impressed with this setup. I’m sure I will improve as I get more trigger time.

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
DROOL.....All accounts show this to be one fine and very precise rifle.

+1 oooowww!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Tikka only takes a back seat to their sister company Sako, imho when it comes to factory rifles.

They are nice, I have a t3x super lite in 270 and I'm thinking of getting one in 6.5 creedmore if I can get my hands on one.

I'm not really a tikka fanboy like some people are and I still prefer my kimber Montana or my m70 extreme conditions rifle but for the $$$ it sure is hard to beat the tikkas. That being said, while I agree that sako makes a difference e rifle, I just don't like them, never been a fan.

I tried to fall in love with a sako finnlite but it just didn't pull at my heartstrings for one reason or another.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
GREAT looking rig!! I’m sure it will perform as good as it looks!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Very nice. A good looking setup.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been researching this online and already looking at upgrading/personalizing.

Question: Does the bolt knob simply unscrew from the bolt handle or is it one solid piece?

I would want to upgrade the bolt knob but it seems like all the after market bolt handles are stainless instead of black.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post