SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SKS ain't cheap no more
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SKS ain't cheap no more Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cope:
Anyone selling these in arsenal crate quantities these days?

Classic Firearms has crates of Yugo M59/66A1 SKSs.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/yugo-sks-for-sale

$3,999 per crate (10 rifles), plus freight.

Posts: 17720 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hctr154
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
An SKS for over $800? Wow.

That's an understatement.

Posts: 321 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: February 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
This thread made me itchy for an SKS. I had a $99 Chinese and a $199 Russian in the early 90's, both of which are long gone. With prices continuing to rise, I decided I needed a replacement. After a bit of searching, I found this 1954 Russian (Tula) at a local shop. It's an arsenal refurb as evidenced by the rebuild code [/] as well as the black painted finish. All component part numbers match with the laminated replacement stock re-numbered to the rifle. It does not appear to have been fired since the rebuild. I removed the black paint from the bolt & carrier by soaking them in airplane stripper. I'm not sure what type of paint was used or what process was used to cure it, but it is some very tenacious stuff. I have no plans to strip the remaining metal. I added a sling from my parts box and am waiting for some stripper clips in the mail.

1954 Russian SKS Tula Arsenal (refurb)

Posts: 2106 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have two both Chinese. First one was a full size rifle like new for $79 ,second one was a Chinese 16" from Navy Arms for $99. Had two other full size rifles I gave to friends wish I bought more .

Posts: 530 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Cope:
Anyone selling these in arsenal crate quantities these days?

Classic Firearms has crates of Yugo M59/66A1 SKSs.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/yugo-sks-for-sale

$3,999 per crate (10 rifles), plus freight.

That's actually pretty cool and not all that bad considering todays prices. My only SKS is a Russian that is superb! Picked it up in SoCal from a dealer in 1993...got to pick through the crate and select my $89 rifle. I went there to pick up a Glock 21, saw the open case that had recently arrived and went home with both. Who would've thought it'd be good to stack a few cases in the closet for years down the road. Kind of like those cached M1Garand cases hidden in a bunker somewhere too....Just waiting to be discovered... Wink

Posts: 255 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I believe someone stated earlier, the easiest way to tell a Russkie refurb is a rectangular box with a slash through it. These marks are usually found on the top cover and left side of the stock.

Posts: 887 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I was in a pawn shop yesterday and saw an SKS Paratrooper for $499. Nice looking gun, but not for that price.

NRA Life Member

Owner
Sig 238, 230, 228, 220, 2022

Posts: 608 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post