SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Scar 17 optics.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scar 17 optics. Login/Join 
Picture of Kuisis
posted
I have heard that the Scar 17 has a reputation of being hard on optics. Has anyone used an Aimpoint on their Scar?

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. like lots of different generations of aimpoints and lots of rounds. Not a chance that the SCAR bothers an aimpoint. My go to optic in general for the SCAR, although I'm testing the NF ATACR 1-8 as an alternative. I don't think the SCAR will bother the NF either, but I am not sure how fast I will be using it in the 1x dot mode...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Some discussion:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/4240060364/p/1

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I had a Comp M2 on mine for a while. Not all that long but maybe 400 rounds or something. The M2 is fine. It was on a 16 inch FAL for years before that and a few thousand rounds, and went right back on the FAL after the SCAR. It's life before the FAL was all M4s. Dam I'm getting old and so is the sight but it's still working great.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 16” and 13” barreled 17S. Depending on how I’m shooting, I’ve equipped them with an Elcan 1.5-6x, EoTech EXPS2-0, and Aimpoint T2. No issues to report with any of these optics.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest the strongest stiffest mount available whichever optic you choose. My 17 ate a Swarovski 1-6 in a Larue Mount. I went to a Spuhr 1pc mount for it's greater stiffness.

Aimpoints are excellent tough sights but IMHO Unmagnified Red Dot sights don't release the full potential of the Scar 17's ballistics. A tough low powered variable in a stiff mount is a much more useful choice.......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post