SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who has a "gas buster" AR charging handle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has a "gas buster" AR charging handle? Login/Join 
posted
Here's what RRA says:

"FEATURING THE MILITARY "BIG" LATCH! REPLACEMENT CHARGING HANDLE ASSEMBLY, BUILT TO DEFLECT GASSES AWAY FROM THE SHOOTER'S FACE."

https://www.rockriverarms.com/...lay&category_ID=1328

I've fired "lots" of rounds thru my ARs (semi only) but I can't say I've ever gotten gassed. Could it be an issue with full auto?

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Suppressor use.

Most of the big names (Geissele, BCM, Raptors, etc) have a higher fence to mitigate this.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
It’s crazy and I never would have believed how much that little metal lip reduces gas in my face, but they really do. I have G and BCM ones. (And yeah, for shooting suppressed).

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I placed some painter’s tape on the receiver and charging handle, squirted a bit of RTV sealant and formed my own little gas buster gasket on my ARs. Makes a huge difference suppressed.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one on a gun that also has a Gemtech suppressed bolt carrier. Each is nice in its own right, but together they're awesome.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I made my own with gasket sealant.

Regular AR use. Not needed at all. Suppressed, they can make an enormous difference.

I found an adjustable gas made the biggest single difference of all.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post