SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig Sauer SOCOM contract award
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer SOCOM contract award Login/Join 
posted
From today's DoD contract announcements:

Sig Sauer Inc., Newington, New Hampshire, was awarded a $48,000,000 five-year, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity, firm-fixed-price contract for the acquisition of the Suppressed Upper Receiver Group (SURG). The SURG weapon is an upgrade of the M4A1 lower receiver group in support of U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Procurement Division. Fiscal 2018 procurement funds in the amount of $24,620 are being obligated at the time of award. The majority of the work will be performed in Newington, New Hampshire, and is expected to be completed by July 2023. This contract was awarded through full and open competition. USSOCOM headquarters, MacDill Air Force Base, Florida, is the contracting activity (H92430-18-D-0005).

SIG seems to be doing Ok with the .gov contracts as of late.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the upper will be..
I got my money on an integrally suppressed MCX

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Link?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they don't discharge when bumped, have the firing pins snap off, sights fall out, or fire out of battery.

Oh, that's right. Only happens in civilian Sigs. They take care of their real customers.

At least with just an upper, SOCOM won't have to worry about a dead trigger...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Using an existing MCX upper requires fixing the buffer in place. You wouldn't want your entire MCX bolt carrier/spring assembly moving backwards into the buffer tube.

If it's going to be a drop-in system with no modifications required to the lower it's dropping in on, we might be looking at an intergrally suppressed 516 system, or something entirely new.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Link?

https://www.defense.gov/News/C...iew/Article/1586909/

posted Hide Post
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
It's a fair bet that there'll be one or more protests filed by the losing entries in this contract.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, SIG just wins contracts left and right. Bad news for us bottom dweller civilians.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Maybe this will actually make them up their game to make firearms that live up to the Sig of the 80’s and 90’s. If not their name will be mud for future contracts not to mention civilian and foreign mil contracts. I know, wishful thinking.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you convert an M4 to a Rattler using only the upper? The Rattler doesn't have a buffer tube.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Colt has the cage code for M4A1 socom uppers, 6921HB/R0920 upper and 14.5″ 1-7 heavy M4 barrel assembly. They’ve also abandoned their Mk16 SCAR’ for M4A1’ as well.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speaks Bendablese
posted Hide Post
CAGE code has nothing to do with market share or dominance. Each contractor has at least one depending on their number and location of facilities.

Posts: 286 | Location: MD | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Man, SIG just wins contracts left and right. Bad news for us bottom dweller civilians.

Agree.

They still have not completed the full line of Caliber Conversion Kits for the P320.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
How do you convert an M4 to a Rattler using only the upper? The Rattler doesn't have a buffer tube.

Just read this article this morning.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/bl...-rattler-conversion/

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:

Agree.

They still have not completed the full line of Caliber Conversion Kits for the P320.

Or for the MPX. I won't hold my breath. Especially as it will never be forthcoming for my Gen 1.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:

Agree.

Or for the MPX. I won't hold my breath. Especially as it will never be forthcoming for my Gen 1.
Dont forget the 556xi

posted Hide Post
I nearly bought one. In fact, my reasoning at the time was that it had to be a good piece of kit. It was Sig, after all...

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dont forget the 556xi

Long gone.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
Dont forget the 556xi

Long gone.

Yes but still an example of a promised line left unfulfilled. Wink