SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    ATF Form 1 SBR question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATF Form 1 SBR question Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I’m submitting my application for an SBR which will be my first stamp & have questions.
The ATF eForms is down. So my question is do I wait for it to come back up or do I go ahead and submit paper?
Any tips tricks or assistance dealing with a first time submission would be helpful.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good tutorial

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ta-dKsczck

I filed for another SBR recently, stamp received. Site was down a few times, waited til back up to file.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t go paper unless you want to wait months longer. The eforms site goes up and down a lot, and is always down for maintenance on Wednesday, but it’s worth it going eFile vs. paper. Just keep trying. It usually isn’t down that long.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
It goes down a lot, wait till its back up.

I really need to get my butt moving and SBR my PAP M85, all these form 1 questions might be enough to get motivated.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
ATF eForms website is up, as of this moment. I just logged in.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
eForms... By far the quickest (although it is never a quick process).

You doing this under a trust or as an individual?

Lots of pluses still with doing a trust.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
eForms... By far the quickest (although it is never a quick process).

You doing this under a trust or as an individual?

Lots of pluses still with doing a trust.

Individual

So why does it keep kicking me back to this even though I’ve put in 6 different attempts that meant the parameters of the password?
Anyone else gave issues like that ?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure Grumpy...

You didn't already have an account that you may have forgotten about, would you? Did you try recovering your password? May be worth a shot.

I use LastPass to setup/generate all of my passwords. Random jumbling of all of the required character types. I usually tell LastPass to generate a 16 character password.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
What device and browser are you using ??

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
What device and browser are you using ??

iPhone 11Promax & Yahoo
I’ve never used anything ATF related or previously set anything up.

I’ll try at home on WiFi.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you're selecting a 'special character' from the 'approved list' of special characters?

Password Rant - I find it frustrating that every website/entity uses a different set of 'rules' as to what defines an acceptable password! I find it VERY frustrating that every entity that also requires a special character in the password uses a different subset of the universal set of 'special characters' on the keyboard! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8879 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Are you sure you're selecting a 'special character' from the 'approved list' of special characters?

Thank you, that was it!
I used a “-“ and that wasn’t in the list.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%