SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig Tango6 (1-6x) Anyone have any experience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Tango6 (1-6x) Anyone have any experience? Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted
On paper, it looks like a nice, versatile, reasonably priced choice to go on a SCAR-17. Anyone have any experience with one?

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a bit on the heavy side, isn't it?

Posts: 107249 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's a bit on the heavy side, isn't it?

Would it be considered so? I'm pretty green in the world of optics. Midway USA will take an order for one, estimated delivery by the end of July, for about $1,100. I liked the look of the reticle and that it's a first focal plane, illuminated scope, with some measure of hardening. I know you made an extensive study of optics for setting up your SCAR-17, and if my memory serves, you went with Kahles. I think the model I'm looking at is about 9 or 10 ounces heavier than a Kahles k16i.

At present I'm thinking the finished rifle will get a foregrip and a surefire light in addition to the optic. Am I setting up for a boat anchor if I go for the Tango?

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I went through a simialr process, I ended up with the Tijicon 1-8, while 5oz more than the Tango, I also get x2 more on th top end and the Trijicon name behind it. I beleive prices to be about the same.

When weight was more of consideration on my Danile Defense, I went with Leupold. On that rifle it came down to the Khales 1-6 and VX6 1-6, the Khales was abetter optic overall, but fo rme I couldnt justify the almost double price.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Trijicon VCOG 1-6 on my SCAR 17, but that was purchased a while ago. If I was doing it over again today I'd be in for the AccuPower 1-8.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I've owned a SCAR 17 for 5 + years and I find it to be easy to put too heavy an optic up top - especially since the top rail is higher than an AR.

I've had a 25oz IOR Valdata 1.5-8x that was a great pair for the weapon, except that weight tends to make the rifle want to tip when doing lateral transitions (L-R, etc) - ie the center of gravity gets too high for me.

Obviously if you shoot sitting, from a bench, with a bipod, it doesn't matter much what you have up top - but when you start moving around, you'll see it.

Also, $1500+ on a SIG optic when I can get NightForce NX8, Vortex Viper Razor Gen 2 1-6, multiple styles of Trijicon 1-4/1-6/1-8s, or a myriad of others from well established optics manufacturers. Heck, you aren't too far off a Kahles 1-6x.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
I'm pretty green in the world of optics. Midway USA will take an order for one, estimated delivery by the end of July, for about $1,100. I liked the look of the reticle and that it's a first focal plane, illuminated scope...

Google is your friend. Depending on model, Midway's price may (or may not) be competitive.

I suspect you're not familiar with how reticles in FFP LPV scopes appear throughout the magnification range. I highly recommend your looking through the exact Sig Tango model prior to ordering it. A 6x zoom range isn't easy to pull off in a precision rifle's optic -- it's even harder to do with a LPV optic. To see a company that's done it right, look at the new NF NX8.

Posts: 7851 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I love the Kahles 1-6.

19.4 ounces, outstanding glass, bright illumination.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Well, lots of food for thought in optics - thanks for all the opinions, everyone. I appreciate your time and wisdom.

As for mounts, Bobro with right-side levers? I see myself using a left-handed charging handle set-up. Can anyone talk me out of this one?

-ShneaSIG

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Put the Vortex Razor into the mix for your consideration.

Phenomenal optic with exceptional glass. Tracks like a machine. It is on the heavy side but they are extremely rugged.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post