SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A1 stock buffer tube
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A1 stock buffer tube Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
I need to get a buffer tube to go with an A1 stock. Is there any difference between the standard A2 and A1 tubes or do I need to get an A1 specific one. Brownells offers one and the notes say something about an A2 spacer. I know the A1 stock is a little shorter. Thanks

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There is no difference. The A2 stock is longer, hence the need for the spacer. The tube is the same length for either A1 or A2 stocks..

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. Building this one for the wife and she wants the shorter stock
Makes it so any buffer tube will work then.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Just remenber if you are using an A1 length stock it uses a shorter retaining screw.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Just remenber if you are using an A1 length stock it uses a shorter retaining screw.

Thanks and crap! Need the screw faster than the buffer tube as I'm trying to get the parts together to send out for Ceracoting. So I need an A1 butt plate screw?

Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Yeah Brad, you need an A1 upper butt plate screw. It is 5/8" shorter than an A2 screw.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
So I need an A1 butt plate screw?

The upper retaining screw on an A1 is shorter than the screw on an A2. I am honestly not sure why, as they both go into a hollow tube but the part number is different.

Here is a picture from PK Firearms of the A2 vs. the A1 (I used to buy small parts from them)

http://www.pkfirearms.com/upper-buttstock-screw-a2

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
An A2 stock is 5/8" longer than an A1 stock. It uses the same buffer tube so there is a 5/8" spacer between the A2 butt plate and the tube. The A2 screw is longer to go thru the spacer. The A2 length screw will protrude 5/8" into the buffer tube and destroy the buffer if used on an A1 stock.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered a screw and tube from Fulton Armory. Thanks again for your help.