SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Putin shows off sniper skills firing Kalashnikov rifle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Putin shows off sniper skills firing Kalashnikov rifle Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I will admit to being disappointed after opening the link.

I was hoping he was shooting one-handed, fighting off an attacking leopard with the other from the back of a Mongolian pony, riding downhill on Mt. Kilauea, leaping lava flows and wearing only a Donald Trump Speedo ( eye and ear pro of course).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/put...rifle-194706079.html

"Moscow (AFP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday showed off his marksmanship by testing out a new Kalashnikov sniper rifle and hitting the target more than half the time.

Russian state television showed Putin in goggles and earphones crouching as he fired the silver rifle at the Kalashnikov company's shooting range outside Moscow."

Is that a white weapon light, or a long range, IR laser illuminator?

"Silver rifle" ?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking rifle. Charging handle on left side, AR style selector, M-lok rail. long continuous top rail.

Now I'm curious!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Putin "shot five times and hit the target more than half the time" the television channel reported"

Big Grin

Can someone plug that data into the Columbia Difference Tabulator and give us an analysis?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Russian army wearing multicam now?

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Rossiya 24 television reported, saying that Putin appeared to be pressing the trigger while holding his breath and between heartbeats as professional snipers are supposed to do."

Ha! This just proves that Russian press is just as frickin' clueless as American press on precision shooting techniques.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
Hitting the target half the time is something I wouldn't be boasting about.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samnev:
Hitting the target half the time is something I wouldn't be boasting about.

When he was KGB it was one to the back of the head at close range.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
That bipod looks like an off the shelf Harris.....

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
At what point does one need to stop calling these rifles "Kalashnikov"? How far can you depart from the original design before it's not an AK, regardless of its designation?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's now a brand name and Kalashnikov Concern is the sole owner of the brand. You might as well say that a Winchester Model 70 isn't really a Winchester because it's a bolt action.

OTOH, I'm really impressed that they managed to invent a....Yugo M77 with a folding stock and left-side charging handle.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that a flashlight on a long distance rifle?

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Is that a flashlight on a long distance rifle?

The Rooskies are such good operators that they can afford to give off some reflections to make it fair...

Btw, I guess the other guys hearing is too far gone to wear hearing protection?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That's one of Putin's security guys. In the grand tradition of the tsars, he's both deaf and mute.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting …. hes wearing MSA Sordins. Looks like a Harris Bipod.

Guess they can't resist getting stuff that works from the West instead of developing their own.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
That's one of Putin's security guys. In the grand tradition of the tsars, he's both deaf and mute.

The rifle's suppressed and as Putin only hit the target half the time, perhaps it's so undercharged that the rounds fell short...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Is that a white weapon light, or a long range, IR laser illuminator?

"Silver rifle" ?

Silver is the new Black.

another thing for the irrational to fear.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Everyone needs a SCAR clone.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"Putin "shot five times and hit the target more than half the time" the television channel reported"

Big Grin

Can someone plug that data into the Columbia Difference Tabulator and give us an analysis?

C'mon, give the guy a break. He was shooting in a 500 yard indoor range Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
North Korea's Kim would hit the target EVERY time with his eyes closed.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, distance, size or target, and conditions would factor in whether 50% hits was a good thing.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post