SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    This rifle can shoot sub-MOA’s when measured at the end of the barrel - That is what the salesman said
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This rifle can shoot sub-MOA’s when measured at the end of the barrel - That is what the salesman said Login/Join 
posted
Was at one of the local gun stores yesterday looking to see what reloading powders they might have and with it being close to deer season many folks are out looking at deer rifles... and the local gun store must have a really special group of deer rifles (NOT) because I overheard the sales gun who was showing a lady a deer rifle (do not know if it was for her or a family member) and he told her that the rifle he was showing her could shoot (in his own words) a “Sub-MOA - that means it can put five rounds in a single hole when measured at the end of the barrel” and something about “you will not find a more accurate deer rifle in this price range”.

WHAT did I just hear him say...No I didn’t .....Yes I did....Would hate to see that target that is placed at the end of the barrel of this deer rifle after five shots...Guessing it would be on fire after the first shot...... Eek

Did not stay long enough to learn more about that “special rifle” or if she purchased it.

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what is it that PT Barnum supposedly said ??

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
If I was the salesman, I would pitch it like, "Sub MOA is a lifelong journey, with many peaks and many valleys, not a destination at the end of a barrel. So buy this Ruger, and enjoy the trip."

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guessing it would be on fire after the first shot......

Yeah, but it probably would be a single hole (albeit, a large, flaming hole) Big Grin!

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard counter jockeys spout off with some award-winning, weapons-grade, mind-numbingly, stupid shit, and that ranks right up there. I don’t know what it is about this particular industry, but it seems to be one of the very few where the salesman can just make shit up and we all accept it like that’s how it’s supposed to be. It’s almost as if the ability to say “I don’t know, but I can find out” is a disqualifier for selling firearms or something.

Let me guess: he was in his mid twenties, heavyset, had a “beard,” a black t shirt with an AR on it, a coyote brown or FDE hat with an American flag morale patch on the front, and he muzzle swept everyone in the shop multiple times? I’ve met that guy!

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you think that’s good you should spend 5 min at the gun counter of any rural king, it’s pure comedy gold most times I go.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys like that need to be called out on the spot.

Unless of course it was a $4,500.00 rifle and scope ,I guess
Roll Eyes

When I think " deer rifle"
I think ,eleven hundred dollar rifle and $600.00 scope.

But then I don't hunt

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
When I think " deer rifle"
I think ,eleven hundred dollar rifle and $600.00 scope.

Heck, nowadays it's more like a $400 rifle with a $100 scope, for most casual deer hunters I know.

Most bolt rifle manufacturers these days offer a line of "budget" hunting rifles at $300-$400ish, like the Ruger American, Mossberg Patrior, Weatherby Vanguard, Savage Axis, etc. And surprisingly, the accuracy capabilities of these tend to be very good. As good or better than many top-of-the-line deer rifles from decades past, in fact.

These are very attractive to the average deer hunter. Folks can grab one of these and toss an inexpensive Burris or Bushnell scope on it, and do just fine at the typical modern deer hunting scenario of 1 shot from a blind on a stationary baited deer at 100ish yards or less.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post