SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bump Stocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bump Stocks Login/Join 
Captain Obvious
posted
The last I read, bump stocks were suppose to be re-classified. With this news Slide Fire Technologies closed.

However, I haven't seen anything recently regarding any of it. Was the stocks officially federally re-classified? I know some states did their own thing.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The ATF comment period is still open. You can comment through June 27.

A GOA linky

Direct linky on regs.gov

I'm still collecting items to put into a response. They're attempting to rewrite a whole bunch of laws with this regulation. It needs to be stopped. Duh.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The company that makes them was forced to close because no company would insure them. I'm very curious to see the implications of that for other companies.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
I'm very curious to see the implications of that for other companies.

I wouldn’t buy stock in any such company (NPI, seriously).

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I was never a bump stock fan but it seems really wrong and sad that all of a sudden the Government can shut down a business purely on peer emotional pressure and not facts. Mad + Frown

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I was never a bump stock fan but it seems really wrong and sad that all of a sudden the Government can shut down a business purely on peer emotional pressure and not facts. Mad + Frown

I agree with this... sad to see the government ruin somebody’s livelihood. I’ve always thought bump stocks were gimmicky and silly, but they are just a piece of plastic so the government should leave them alone....

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the government shut them down, or was it due to lack of companies willing to insure them as mentioned above?

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine bought a couple (different brands) but has never used them ... I think he got the itch after shooting my M16.

After the Las Vegas shooting he took them to another buddy of mine that has a small shop ... They sat on his counter priced $400 & $450; they attracted attention but after 5-6 months they still hadn't sold so when we stopped in a few weeks ago he said we might as well try them out so he brought them back home ... we haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
dirt shooters.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Banned in mass.
AG sent a letter out demanding the turn in or destruction.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Today, the target is bump stocks; tomorrow, what will be the feature of super-deadly assaulty weapons that attracts legislation?

I have zero interest in bump stocks. I'd rather focus on actual marksmanship, but any ban of an accoutrement is bad news.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
What will the ATF do about this guy bumping his pistol ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOnOlLM9EYQ

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
What will the ATF do about this guy bumping his pistol ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOnOlLM9EYQ

Or this guy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdAhTxyP64

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post