SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger PC Carbine people - Have you seen this new frame?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger PC Carbine people - Have you seen this new frame? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
Tandemkross has released a new AR style chassis for the PC Carbine (not sure if it would work on the PC Charger). It gives you a way to manipulate the magazine release without removing your finger from the pistol grip and lets you use AR Grips and a buffer tube. I ordered one to check it out. I'll post pictures when I get it installed.

https://www.tandemkross.com/PCCarbineChassis

Funny Release video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwzvhh_hHw

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
Looks "broken" with that buffer tube off-kilter.

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
Looks "broken" with that buffer tube off-kilter.

Yeah, they said that was to allow a lower mount on the sight. Also why I only bought 1 instead of 2.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I have the 10/22 takedown charger with the picatinny rear, which I added the PSA triangle brace to. The setup pushes my eye up really high, necessitating an aftermarket scope or red dot. The TK setup looks like it’ll make better use of the factory irons.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having the stock angled down looks odd but that is how you avoid having the sights mounted really high like on an AR. Your eye needs to be lined up with the sight when your cheek is on the stock or you have to bend your neck down.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
It kind of looks like the old Swedish K

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
OK, so here is the Tandemkross Upriser with my PC9 Carbine.

PC 9 Right w Upriser by Dave Steier, on Flickr

PC 9 Left w Upriser by Dave Steier, on Flickr

PC 9 Left Detail w Upriser by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
YES, the stock looks awkward, but it really works. It lowers the head to get it down low on the top of the receiver.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Can you get a good cheek weld with the stock being angled downwards like that?

I'm on the hunt for a PPSH stock. I'm going to try my hand at the conversion and really confuse the folks at my next PCC match.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post