SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Law Tactical AR Folding Stock Adapter on my latest build...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Law Tactical AR Folding Stock Adapter on my latest build... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I just finished an Aero lower build for a PSA upper I bought earlier this year. I had entertained the idea of a folding stock to make storage and vehicle carry easier (and maybe to be just a little different)...$259 was a little much for the Law Tactical kit...

Fast forward to a week ago...Brownell's had it on sale for $199...I had a code (H7L) for $20 off for orders over $200 and free shipping so I added a pack of gas rings for $2.19 to make the $200 threshold needed to use the code...final cost was $181. For that I decided to try it...

Pluses...
It's easy to install...seems well made and heavy duty...folds securely and does not have any play when locked opened...it doesn't get in the way of the charging handle...

Minuses...
It's fairly heavy being made of steel...over 10 ounces with the buffer extension...it adds about 1 1/2" to the length of pull (not an issue to me, but may be to some)...you can't fire the rifle with the stock folded (not an issue to me...I installed it to take up less space)...

When folded it measures 26"...that is why I find it useful...

It might not be a for everyone, but I think it is a clever design...

I'm going to the range Wednesday to test it out...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I've got one on a pistol build....HEHEHE it' so small and easily hidden in a backpack ...

or tennis racket bag

or..you get the idea

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been really pleased with mine. When I was in plainclothes, I installed one on my Noveske shorty for a bag gun. The rifle would then fit in a large schoolbag and never attracted attention. I have several thousand rounds through it with no issues.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This an excellent review of the Law folder by Aaron Cowan / Sage Dynamics:

https://youtu.be/P8Yqf-3Jy3c

tp

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up tonight. They're still on sale at Brownells for $199. The promo code for $20 off $200 is LDN if anyone is interested in picking one up.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
I have two of them, both work flawlessly and make it super easy to put in a bag even if you are just taking it to the range.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! I'd like to do a .300 BLK pistol build with one...need to save up $.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have been very happy with mine over the past year, no major hard use.. but it's holding up fine anyway. Here's a pic on my 11.5 SBR, excuse the hairy leg (used my foot for scale). Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hairy leg? How about dirty and hairy! You related to Bilbo Baggins?

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Taterporkchop:
Hairy leg? How about dirty and hairy! You related to Bilbo Baggins?

Funny Guy!

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:

Funny Guy!

Funny how?

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
@ JJexp, "Funny guy!".... as in not at all. Sarcasm. Rude even. If you must know, my left lower leg has something called Stasis Dermatitis. I assure you my "Bilbo Baggins" feet are not dirty. Thanks for asking though.

Sorry to derail the thread, Bisleyblackhawk.

Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Dry-fly...no apologies needed my friend...I'm glad you posted the pics using your foot as scale...

It just reinforces what's been in my mind that my next build (yes...this AR thing is like crack Big Grin) will be a SBR (probably in 9MM) and I will add the Law Tactical adapter to shorten it's OAL...

I took this AR out to the range today for some fun (drizzling rain, but it is an AR after all) and folded it up to fit in the floorboard of my late wife's RAV4 for the drive and I thought to myself "this dang rifle is pretty dang handy all folded up and all...I like that" Big Grin...

No issues at all with 150 rounds...didn't affect dependability at all Smile...

Best $181 I've spent in a while Smile Smile Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Bisley.. once you step into the SBR world, you'll wonder how you got by without one! This particular one fits in a backpack when folded. I may pick up another LAW adapter if the promo posted above still works.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
i just grabbed one for my AR pistol. It'll give me something to tinker with and an excuse to go shoot it while I'm waiting on the Form 1 to come back before I can toss a stock on it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Just bought one of these. I have a LWRC ultra compact stock that is 1 1/2" shorter than a standard stock, so they are either going to go together like peas and carrots or this is not going to work at all. This should make my rifle fit into just about any bag I want it to go into.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
You darn guys - just cost me another Brownells order. I've been on the fence for one of these for quite some time - the sale made it easy.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
You darn guys - just cost me another Brownells order. I've been on the fence for one of these for quite some time - the sale made it easy.

Sigforum has cost me thousands over the years. I stopped resisting a long time ago. You can't take it with you.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dry-fly; My apology. I have very hairy feet. Years ago, my Wife to be, upon seeing my feet, asked me if I was related to Bilbo Baggins. I never read the LOTR books, so it sent me scurrying to look up Bilbo. I got a good chuckle about it. The comment was meant to be funny, but like many funny comments, it was hurtful as well. My apology, again. No insult, or harm, intended. If I could figure out how to IM or Email you, I would have.

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
No sweat Tator...it rubbed me wrong at the moment that’s all. No harm, no foul. Smile