SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does anyone own a M91 cossack carbine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone own a M91 cossack carbine? Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
For some reason I want one but I have never seen one in the wild.

http://www.mosinnagant.net/ussr/M1907-Carbine.asp

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding one. They're extremely uncommon. The last one I saw for sale went for ~$4000.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue, i was hoping you would see this.

Figured, from looking at them I would think it would be fairly easy to reproduce.

I guess I could settle on an M38 but I want something pre-soviet.

Looking to match something the the Shashqua I have my eyes on.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
I guess I could settle on an M38 but I want something pre-soviet.

If you're just wanting the pre-Soviet markings in a carbine configuration, try to find a M91/38. They're still less common, but they're out there. These were full-length pre-war M91 rifles that were cut down to M38 carbine configuration in the post-WW2 period. Many of them used pre-Soviet hex receiver M91s or Dragoons, and they retain the early markings. They just wouldn't be historically accurate for a pre-Soviet Russian soldier.

Your best bet for finding a pre-Soviet Mosin is just a standard M91 rifle. While M91/30s - both newly produced rifles and converted M91s - are much more common, there are still plenty of pre-Soviet unmodified M91s out there on the market.

I currently have two pre-Soviet M91 rifles in original configuration: a 1892 and a 1915, both made by Izhevsk.

I also have a M91/30 converted from an 1895 Izhevsk Dragoon. This retains the early barrel shank markings, but was upgraded to the later M91/30 configuration.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I used to own a Made in the USA by Remington Mosin Nagant. Pretty cool rifle.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I used to own a Made in the USA by Remington Mosin Nagant. Pretty cool rifle.

I used to have a New England Westinghouse,

never shot it, and realized it had a Fox Arms receiver on it (as in made by Fox) and sold it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I used to have a New England Westinghouse,

never shot it, and realized it had a Fox Arms receiver on it (as in made by Fox) and sold it

I hope you made a nice profit off of it. N.E.W. M91s with subcontracted A.H. Fox receivers are uncommon.