SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Picked up a 590 Shockwave tonight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a 590 Shockwave tonight Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I have no need for this whatsoever but I have some strange thing for shotguns and as soon as I saw this I knew I had to have it. I really like the finish on it. They had a black 870 version that wan't near as appealing.

Has anyone turned one of these into a short barreled shotgun yet? I know I have to wait until I get a tax stamp for that and I don't even have a shoulder stock for a Mossberg but I am thinking this might be a cool SBS projet.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I have no need, but next on my list. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What does need have to do with it, again?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shockwave should be good to go without the NFA tax stamp.

I am in total agreement ... don't need one BUT they are kind of interesting.

Still thinking about one and putting a GG&G light mount with a light/laser on it to make point shooting from the hip easier.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:
Shockwave should be good to go without the NFA tax stamp.

As it is, it is fine without a stamp. But I am thinking it might be fun to stick a shoulder stock on it which would need the stamp.

Good thought on the laser. Never been a laser fan but this might be a cool option with one.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Apparently nothing. And I am okay with that Smile

posted Hide Post
Shockwave is great. Use mine on snakes with plain 7.5 or 8 shot dove loads.

Tight pattern for a pistol length. Mounted an Eotech and it works great.

Posts: 14 | Location: Northern Neck, Virginia | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new Shockwave. Got mine last fall and find it to be quite a fun gun. Don't think I've had it to the range one time that at least one person didn't want to try it out.

Usually it starts with the "is that legal" comment followed by my rundown of the whole why it's this but not this firearm which usually ends up with "do you think I could give it a try" or words to that effect.

I've yet to have anyone complain about the recoil with #8 target loads but the 00 buck has gotten a few.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Badhammer,

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Need has nothing to do with it, thats why its next on my list to pick up.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NICE!

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to resist the urge as well. PSA has deals on these pretty consistently.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think I know what my next project will be. Does that fit the 20ga version? Be a fun gun to take to 3-gun.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Pale horse, we gonna plan a ga member met, and you bring it. I'll bring the ammo. I want one, but I dont know if I can justify it without shooting it

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! I really like the finish.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I giggled for 30 minutes when I got mine home.....

Need to get to the range and see how it groups with 1# buck

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Pale horse, we gonna plan a ga member met, and you bring it. I'll bring the ammo. I want one, but I dont know if I can justify it without shooting it

Yeah I’m in. And I’ll definitely bring it with me!

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
Very Nice! I really like the finish.

Yeah I do too. I’ve never owned guns in any colors other than black or stainless but I really dig it.

posted Hide Post
I bought one last year. I like Mossbergs, and am happy with it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Spent some time with a friends 12 ga version at the range. Fun but watch out for your hand with the safety with stout loads. It BITES!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post