SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Picked up a 590 Shockwave tonight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a 590 Shockwave tonight Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mettlepig:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
What does need have to do with it, again?

Need has nothing to do with it, thats why its next on my list to pick up.

OK, what if every gun you owned had to be justified by "need"? We'd own a lot fewer guns and we'd be a lot less happy.

Some where not that long ago we had a thread about mounting a rail and a laser. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

As for ammo...some poor old guy up and died and his widow was trying to sell off all his guns and ammo. No one was even looking at all the 12 ga #8 shot, and he had a boatload of it. Her being a poor widow and all, I felt sorry for her and made her a low ball offer. She jumped at it and I foolishly had to haul it all home. I only know where a couple of boxes of it are. Gotta be a ton more stored around here somewhere. It hides for whatever reason. If I don't find it and burn it up in my Shockwave, my widow will end up trying to sell it at a gunshow. Frown

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new Shockwave. I got one in 20GA a few months ago, lots of fun to shoot.
I opted for the 20 instead of the 12 for more control. If yours is a 12, be careful they can bite with high power loads Big Grin

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
Congrats on the new Shockwave. I got one in 20GA a few months ago, lots of fun to shoot.
I opted for the 20 instead of the 12 for more control. If yours is a 12, be careful they can bite with high power loads Big Grin

I would not have minded the 20 and if they had that instead of the 12 I still would have bought it. I already own a 20 so I'e got a ton of ammo. But after buying this and finding out that it can use the mini-shells with the adapter I am looking forward to getting it to the range to try it out and see how it shoots. My adapter comes in tomorrow but the inlaws do too so we will see when I get a chance to use it Wink

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Damn what a blast that was to shoot! I don't think I have ever owned a gun that I enjoyed as much as that. I used Aguila Mini-shells and the OPSol adapter and I loved every shot. I fired both from the hip and aimed fire and the shotgun was easily controllable and the adapter made the mini-shells feed perfectly.

If you get a chance to try one of these out you gotta take it. I already an't wait to get back tot he range.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Is there much of a difference between shooting the mini-shells and shooting regular 2 3/4" shells in that thing?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one and would add a pistol brace and grip. No need for NFA!

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Is there much of a difference between shooting the mini-shells and shooting regular 2 3/4" shells in that thing?

The range I went to only allows slugs. I didn’t have any low recoil 2 3/4 slugs so the few I did fire caused considerably more recoil than the mini shell slugs did. Still manageable but not quite as fun. I’m hoping to get to an outdoor range soon to try it out with buckshot.