SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CMMG or PSA 9mm carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMMG or PSA 9mm carbine Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Local store has a CMMG 9mm for @875 including tax.

PSA website has 9mm sub guns (Glock) for 699

Should I go local or PSA plus a transfer fee?
I

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
What mags does the CMMG use? I have a PSA Colt pattern SBR and its flawless once I stopped using weakly loaded ammo on it.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
The cmmg uses a newer style Colt 32 round mag. Sells for about $20 online

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had any problems with my PSA colt pattern mag. I have around 2500 rds thru it.I have SBR mine with the 7.5 barrel. Keep a eye on PSA around the holidays like now with July 4th PSA will have the colt mags for $14.99

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I have a CMMG 9mm and it is dead nuts accurate and reliable.

Don't have any experience with the PSA 9mm.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://jesticearms.com/Mags/Ma...5-AR10/Mags-AR15-9mm

These have worked fine for me so far.

DDLES Colt mag lower sbr
PSA Colt mag lower carbine

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have the CMMG Mk9 pistol that uses Colt mags. Just as Fire Away's, mine is very accurate & reliable.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
I built one on a CMMG lower, shoots flawless as well.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hamfisted
posted Hide Post
I built my 9mm SBR on a CMMG platform (Colt SMG mags...). The CMMG lower works 100% with aftermarket triggers, I'm not sure the PSA lower will. I run a Geissele S3G trigger in mine and I think the only way to shoot faster would be to go to a F/A lower. If I was building another I would still go with the CMMG.

-Mike

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hamfisted,

Posts: 270 | Location: Ft Lauderdale | Registered: October 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
I have a factory built CMMG SBR that runs flawlessly even suppressed. A little more money, but IMHO worth it in the long run. YMMV

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RB211:

RB, what is the barrel length and is it supressed? Looks REALLY short!

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My CMMG 9millie lower has functioned flawlessly +one for them

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CMMG lower that I had stamped, works great.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sourkraut:
RB, what is the barrel length and is it supressed? Looks REALLY short!

5.5 inch. Not suppressed - yet.... Just a flash can

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RB211:

Sweet!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post