SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AK's - what to get & your experience?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AK's - what to get & your experience? Login/Join 
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
That's what I was looking to hear, thanks!

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Only one I have left. Sold all the 47's after my cheap ammo dried up.

Still have six full cases of 5.45x39 left so that should hold me until I kick the bucket.

Never warmed up to the AK's despite having several of them, from $99 Norincos to custom assembled parts kits on NoDak Spud receivers.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post
The AK is a hammer. Nothing complicated or fancy. Under 100 yds you can't beat them. Stay away from US made AKs com bloc or Chinese are great.

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
My Milled Arsenal is one of the rifles I would never sell.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I've never been an AK-guy. I've never even shot one. But I sure do love these AK threads!!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
They're fun guns. And sorta like potato chips.
Most in this picture are home builds. Disclaimer, it's an older picture and no longer represents my entire collection of them. Probably my favorite is my Yugo RPK with a drum.

Of the current commercial variants, I really like the quality of the VEPRs. This one I converted to a sorta Dragunov version. It's in x54R.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Arsenal Bulgarian milled guns, a SLR 101 and a Sam7UF. No issues with either.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Like many that have been around for a while, I too have had a few ... I'm down to a couple Yugo's an 85 and a 92 that I've SBR'd

A Valmet 62 tube folder

A Bulgarian SLG103 that I've upgraded(some would argue that) with Magpul furniture & TWS Dogleg top cover/rail

A home brew AMD65, it's currently undergoing another rebuild the receiver rails were wanky as it was the first D-I-Y I built, and it has a different barrel extension as the original barrel is only 12"

Lastly, a Yugo RPK in 7.62x39 w/finned barrel and NoDakSpud receiver that SN matches the kit ... that's still not built.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post