SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help in identifying these parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help in identifying these parts Login/Join 
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted
I do not know what the mag, nor any of the pieces with a red line beside them are. Any help is appreciated.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Bunch of SKS stuff.

Plastic SKS conversion mag?
Looks like the original dust cover (the thing below the mag) and butt plate... figure someone put on a dust cover with a scope mount and added a recoil pad. The thing with the holes is part of the cleaning kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chine...ng-kit-/350826035577

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thank you.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's hard to tell exactly what it is from the small photo, but I doubt that's an SKS magazine. The aftermarket extended SKS mags have a "duckbill" that extends forward near the top of the magazine. They also have an elongated rear locking tab. Like so:

It doesn't look quite like an AK magazine either, whose front and rear locking lugs are shaped differently.

Perhaps it's an aftermarket Ruger Mini-30 magazine, similar to this:

But I agree that the other two parts are SKS parts/accessories.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Looks like the duckbill might be broken off and on the left, if it's the mag I'm thinking of. I found one at home recently, one that i'd ended up with somewhere along the line, "Pre-ban" with 1992 sales receipt, new in package. I thought about giving it away to a ban state member, but it was made of such poor material that I didn't bother. (plastic of sorts, but a soft non dense plastic, kind of foam like, felt a bit like heavy cardboard lol) I just threw it away. If that's the same mag, I can easily see how the front would snap off.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post