SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    .17Mach II bolt gun scope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.17Mach II bolt gun scope Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Found a bunch of .17Mach II ammo at a LGS for my Savage bolt rimfire. Need a scope like 3x9 or something.

Anyone have recommendation for something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg??

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
How much is an arm and leg worth to you? Big Grin

I prefer Leupold. While not exactly budget priced, one can expect excellent lens quality for the money across the line of models. They offer multiple reticle options on many of their scopes and the option of custom turrets for a particular caliber, though that will cost extra.

If it is a plus to you and it certainly is to me, the majority of the parts are made and assembled in the USA.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I put a Mueller APV Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 40mm Adjustable Objective on my Marlin 17 M2 a number of years ago. Kind of like this one at Midway for $134.99. https://ads.midwayusa.com/prod...yjZkq-gaApj_EALw_wcB

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Something less than $100 I'd prefer.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Under 100, Id look for a well used Leupold VX-I or Nikon Prostaff/Buckmaster. I saw some Minox Z3 on closeout somewhere, I'll see if I can find the link. I pulled one off a rifle I traded into and liked it enough to put on one of my CZ 455 22lr's.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
http://cameralandny.com/spec-s...ct_guids][0]=1257533

Thank me later

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like adjustable objective scopes on my rimfires. Staying under $100 will be tough, but some of the mid level Bushnell scopes are pretty decent for the money.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaybirdaccountant,

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
$120 will buy you a mighty fine Nikon Rimfire 3-9
Nikon ProStaff Rimfire with BDC Reticle, 3-9 x 40mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S...cp_api_K-AWzbRJWDX51

I have the 4-12 model on my Savage and it is great.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leupold vx1 rimfire 2-7x28 is what I have on my 22 and I'm planning on putting another one on my 17.

I shot 7 spruce grouse with it over the weekend and couldn't ask for any more on a simple rimfire scope.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
$120 will buy you a mighty fine Nikon Rimfire 3-9
Nikon ProStaff Rimfire with BDC Reticle, 3-9 x 40mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S...cp_api_K-AWzbRJWDX51

I have the 4-12 model on my Savage and it is great.

A month or so back I bought a 3-9...for the money it is a great scope...the ranging reticule is a big plus...

Brownell's has a $10 off code on purchases over $100 making it $109...use code H7V at checkout. This code is good today only though...

http://www.brownells.com/optic...re-ii-prod75029.aspx

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post