SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Switching platforms and seeking advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Switching platforms and seeking advice Login/Join 
posted
I picked a heck of a time to do this, but I’ve decided to go from AR to AK. I’m not getting rid of my ARs or anything— I love them. But after acquiring a new AK recently, I’ve realized that I really prefer that platform (mostly for subjective reasons) and only ever considered my ARs as “primary” due to my previous LE use and training.

I’ve decided to invest in a new rifle, but my novice experience is limited to an inexpensive PSA side folder, a Zastava, and WASRs, all of which remain in stock configuration and none of which I want to change.

So I’m seeking some general input on a good rifle to start with and what are the most essential upgrades. I definitely plan to suppress the rifle.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arsenal stamped receiver with Magpul folding Zhukov stock, Moe handguard, and Moe K2 grip. If you don't like the stock 2-stage trigger, upgrade to an ALG.

For optics, a side mount from a quality supplier.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post