SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Palmetto sales will be my financial ruin
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto sales will be my financial ruin Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
$210 pistol lower with SBA3 and magpul goodies plus an MBUS set and a Sig Romeo5 to go on the 10.5” upper that doesn’t currently have a home. They don’t have an option to ship it to the bottom of a lake yet.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean. I just picked up a PSA AR15 lower with STR stock and their polished trigger for $159. I didn't need it but couldn't pass it up because of the price. Nice lower BTW.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I would pace my purchases to one-a-month, but that wasn't enough. I was missing out on deals that might never come again.

Now I stick to using just one credit card with a fairly low credit limit, and that seems to be "working" to set a buying limit.

I have almost everything that I need now, so it should start slowing down. Smile

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
2 years from now we'll be laughing about how we called it financial ruin instead of greatest investments ever.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
I thought I would pace my purchases to one-a-month, but that wasn't enough. I was missing out on deals that might never come again.

Now I stick to using just one credit card with a fairly low credit limit, and that seems to be "working" to set a buying limit.

I have almost everything that I need now, so it should start slowing down. Smile

I’ve told myself the same thing a few times over the years.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just be glad you don’t live within a few minutes drive to more than one of their brick and mortar stores Eek

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I turned off their emails. I don't want to know what deals I'm missing out on.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you...just picked up two PSA 14.7" pinned LW CHF Railed Uppers for $319.99 each, plus free shipping. Funny thing though I tried to fit a set of NIP MBUS2 sights on one of the new uppers at it doesn't want to go on?...yes I removed the screw first. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Palmetto takes your money and converts it into fun AR stuff. Big Grin

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
I hear you...just picked up two PSA 14.7" pinned LW CHF Railed Uppers for $319.99 each, plus free shipping. Funny thing though I tried to fit a set of NIP MBUS2 sights on one of the new uppers at it doesn't want to go on?...yes I removed the screw first. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Couple of MBUSs ago I had one so tight that I had to help it along the rail with a dowel and light taps from a hammer. It isn't going anywhere now.

They're always a snug fit.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sheeeeit, if I was gonna drive myself to financial ruin, I'd just buy an SR-25, 20 KAC magazines, and a Nightforce 1-8x ATACR!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:

Couple of MBUSs ago I had one so tight that I had to help it along the rail with a dowel and light taps from a hammer. It isn't going anywhere now.

They're always a snug fit.

Right, snug but they just slide on and off with minimal/fair amount of pressure. I bought the two uppers (Memorial Day special) and two MBUS sets for $50.00 ea. (Fathers Day special) that a member mentioned, every major Holiday is like bargain city at PSA!! I'll try swapping the out the sights on the uppers and see if its the rail or the MBUS and send back whichever to PSA, the customer service has been good to me so far.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 10.5” upper I got from them last week worked just fine today at the range. Only complaint is the M Lok rail heats up pretty fast (not a PSA issue). My other upper is an Adams 7.5” piston upper, heat is much less an issue.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Sheeeeit, if I was gonna drive myself to financial ruin, I'd just buy an SR-25, 20 KAC magazines, and a Nightforce 1-8x ATACR!!!!

And you'd have a pretty lady to take to the dance Cool

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Amen

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I turned off their emails. I don't want to know what deals I'm missing out on.

Same here. It's been a good year since I have purchased anything from Palmetto -- I believe it was ammo. Their email ads just unnecessarily clogged up my email.

I generally don't need or want the AR components, uppers, or lowers they carry. Not that there are any issues with them -- they're just not the parts I want in firearms for competition. And I have enough uppers and rifles that I have no desire for more. I can't recall that their AR discount ads ever prompted me to buy anything.

I do check Palmetto's ammo prices on an ongoing basis. They used to be one of the better suppliers for the ammo I use, but I find that other distributors often have better prices. And faster shipping.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
They used to be one of the better suppliers for the ammo I use, but I find that other distributors often have better prices. And faster shipping.

Like whom?

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fritz:
Like whom?

Ammoseek.com is your friend.

Most of my web orders are going through Vizards and SGammo. I have limited shipments from 2A Warehouse and Target Sports, but they have been good. Ammoseek also ranks the shipping costs of vendors from low to high on a sliding scale, which is helpful. The final delivered cost to the door is what counts.

Palmetto occasionally has some really good prices, some of which include free shipping. My past PSA purchases include:
- 1000 round cases for 9mm FMJ ammo. Generally 115 or 124 grain, but sometimes 147 grain. Likely AE, Blaser, and Fiocchi.
- 1000 round cases for AE 55 FMJ 223.
- 200 round cases for 308 FGMM. More often for 168 grain, sometimes for 175 grain.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I haven't seen any good deals lately on FGMM. The last time I used PSA, I bought 168 and 175 grain FGMM at $17 a box, shipped for 10 boxes.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
The 10.5” upper I got from them last week worked just fine today at the range. Only complaint is the M Lok rail heats up pretty fast (not a PSA issue). My other upper is an Adams 7.5” piston upper, heat is much less an issue.

Thread needs a pic or two. 14.7" pinned to 16 OAL.

Your MLOK look like this? Light!!