SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Daniel Defense
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daniel Defense Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
DISCONNECTOR SAFETY NOTIFICATION
Daniel Defense is committed to the highest level of quality and safety. In keeping with that commitment we are issuing a safety notification related to a condition we identified with the Disconnector in the Fire Control Group. This safety notification applies to certain firearms manufactured between April 1, 2016 and March 3, 2017. In a few cases, a double fire condition has occurred with a single pull of the trigger. In the Company’s spirit to always do the right thing, Daniel Defense will correct any and all potential conditions at no cost to the consumer as part of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

You can enter your serial number here to check to see if it is in the recall range.

https://danieldefense.com/safety

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jljones,

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure my M4V11 is going to be in there, I'll check when I get home.

Thanks Jones.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I alerted a couple of people with DD rifles.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
DD makes all their parts in house. I wonder what the actual issue is. The symptoms make it sound like a chipped disconnector--maybe a heat treating issue?

As far as I know, stock DD trigger groups are standard USGI in their configuration (no modified geometry).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
A recall. I first thought DD got a new bang stick.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My DD5V1 came with a Geissele SSA, I think all the 7.62s do. If the recall only affects the smaller calibers with their own FCG, I wonder why they just don't say so.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Yep, my serial number was a hit. I've installed an ambi-selector and ambi-mag release, should I revert back to factory parts before I send the lower in?

I'm thinking about just putting a better trigger in, and sending the original single stage in to them, so I'm not without the entire lower.

What do you guys think?

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
If it was me, I would put SSA-E or any Geissele of your liking. Save the postage.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without going into detail, DD DOES NOT MANUFACTURE ALL THEIR PARTS IN HOUSE. VIRTUALLY NOBODY DOES THESE DAYS.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
If it was me, I would put SSA-E or any Geissele of your liking. Save the postage.

Shipping is on them, but I'm thinking the same thing you are Pitt, I was going to switch it out anyway, might as well keep my lower here, who knows how long it will take to get it back.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blasto:
Without going into detail, DD DOES NOT MANUFACTURE ALL THEIR PARTS IN HOUSE. VIRTUALLY NOBODY DOES THESE DAYS.

Why no source?

I was told by a DD VP of product development that they did make all parts in house. This was specifically in response to not being able to send out otherwise finished rifles in the panic of 2013 because of a shortage of flash hiders.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
DD, Armalite and somebody else who escapes me have all had a similar recall in recent memory. I wonder if they were all using the same supplier of trigger parts.

DD is a great manufacturer could be they just had a bad batch of their own product but just seems weird that more then one big name had similar recalls.

At the end of the day though a voluntary recall is the mark of a good vendor. They recognize an issue and they address it. What more can you ask, nobody makes perfection, herr Glock included it's how you handle the anomalies that make or break you IMO.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Dam....just put a 1x8 Strike Eagle on mine and sighted in last weekend. I'll check SN when I get home and hope for the best. Have around 700 rounds thru it so far and no issues.

I managed to be near Brownells in Iowa just yesterday - the had a stack of DD rifles to go back for the recall!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I'm good!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is interesting that it took them the better part of a year to issue a recall..Why? I had a issue with a CMMG 9mm lower which got resolved in less than 30 days, including shipping. So much for a "top tier" vendor.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is interesting that it took them the better part of a year to issue a recall..Why? I had a issue with a CMMG 9mm lower which got resolved in less than 30 days, including shipping. So much for a "top tier" vendor.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

You make an unsubstantiated claim against DD with no source cited. We're just supposed to trust you right? Your best evidence is an inductive generalization which is not universally true.

Then you tell us that CMMG fixed your one issue in 30 days. What does that have to do with DD?

If CMMG had 12 such issues, would it have taken them a year to fix all of them? How many parts does DD have to fix? Did you diagnose the problem or did CMMG? What if DD's date range is just DD being cautious and making sure they catch all the bad parts?

Your issue with CMMG doesn't sound analogous to what's going on with DD at all.

If you have a bias against DD, just come out and say it.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Remember it's not like EVERY PART will exhibit a failure combine that with a lowish volume product and I could totally see it taking a year to figure out that a problem exists and subsequently issue the recall for the effected parts.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
LDD, you have mail.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcinc
posted Hide Post
Dang, my serial number is a positive hit!

GeorgiaCarry.org - Life Member

Posts: 143 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: September 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post