SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Another confirmed long range ISIS kill

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Another confirmed long range ISIS kill Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
With a rifle I had not previously heard of made in South Carolina...

**edited**

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
If you've seen the movie Shooter, with Mark Whalberg then you've seen the rifle.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That can't be right. The movie Sniper was about a .50 caliber rifle. The M200 comes in .408 or .375. Could it be possible the movie had such mistakes?

I pulled the bullet info from the Cheytac site. I chose their .408/419gr ammo because the article said it was .408 caliber.

The elevation at Mosul is about 700 feet and the temperature this time of year is 70 degrees F. The quoted BC is .949 (wow.) The MV is 2850FPS.

JBM shows that the bullet goes transonic starting at about 2200 yards and goes subsonic right at 2400 yards. A mile and a half is 2640 yards. The bullet was subsonic when it got to the target so no sonic crack, that would have occurred a few hundred yards back and might not have been heard at all.

The bullet took almost 5 seconds to get there and the elevation was about 112MOA. I have no clue where the rifle was zeroed at, but probably around 1500 yards to make use of that 40MOA built-in ramp for the M200. From that point on, it would drop another 77MOA, so the rifle would have to be aimed pretty high in the scope.

An incredible shot, one in a million.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Report This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I don't believe this story.

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
That can't be right. The movie Sniper was about a .50 caliber rifle. The M200 comes in .408 or .375. Could it be possible the movie had such mistakes?

"Shooter", starring Mark Wahlberg. The gun was a CheyTec 200 .408.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Report This Post