SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I need a backup rear sight for my AR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a backup rear sight for my AR Login/Join 
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted
Hi guys,
I am in need of a backup rear sight for my AR. I really don't want to spend over $100 and would prefer a non plastic one. Any suggestions?

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tough call. I'd just get the magpul plastic one if you run an optic. But I've bought both the Troy and the ARMS 40L for under 100 when shopping around, and beat the crap out of both so highly recommended. The magpul steel one (no experience) is easily under your budget.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on your requirements, I'd recommend the standard MAGPUL MBUS Pro, MAPGPUL lists it at $104, MIDWAYUSa has it for $99.99 and Brownells has it for 89.99. Link to Brownells. I think i have a pair of their offsets

Brownells has the Troys for $108, so it's a little more expensive, but it locks in the upright position. I've used TROYs for years without issue.

KAC is outside your price range at about $124 for their micro model. While I love me some......... The Troy and MAGPUL actual provide a little more value as the Troys lock (KAC doesn't) and both the TROY and MBUS PRO can let you switch aperture size back and forth with ease. The KAC requires you to remove a plastic insert and potentially buy a new insert.

There is also the USGI MA-TECH available for $99.99 at Brownells, but having used them for the last 14 years, I would not recommend them. They can flap around on you, they can be overtightened and damaged, it's easy to accidentally change the range setting and they seem to magically attract dust and debris.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Troy Battle Sight from AimSurplus.com
$59.95 right now with free shipping. They have the set for $109.95.
I bought several front/rear sets as well as a few rear singles. Link

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
What sight are you backing up?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I just have a crappy strikefire 2 on it, nothing special.

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sent you an email. thx

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ideas fellas. I'm totally undecided. There are too damn many options.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
Thanks for the ideas fellas. I'm totally undecided. There are too damn many options.

cant really go wrong with the recommendations here. Let your wallet decide.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I have Daniel defense on all of mine. Bomb proof.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

I love the DDs for fixed and MagPul Pros for folding.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Magpul Pro's for all of mine.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State Armory. Front and rear Magpul MBUS, $49.99 free shipping. Coupon code MBUSSET. You will be surprised how good these are.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms has the Troy Industries Rear Folding BattleSight - Black on sale right now for $89.99. They are on every AR I have rear and front and rear if needed. 100% reliable and ruggedly built. Highly recommended.

ETA: If you can wait till a big holiday, they will be much cheaper. Either way, well worth it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sig226fan,

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

DD here as well.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
Palmetto State Armory. Front and rear Magpul MBUS, $49.99 free shipping. Coupon code MBUSSET. You will be surprised how good these are.

Can't seem to find it on the PSA site..link?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If flip up (non-plastic) capability is important to you... take a look at the Aero Precision rear sight.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.c...5-rear-flip-up-sight

Unfortunately out of stock at the moment, but contact the company and they can tell you when to expect.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:

Can't seem to find it on the PSA site..link?

https://palmettostatearmory.co...ck-up-sight-set.html

The code drops it to $50 once you enter it and they're in your cart

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh...the Daily Deal. Thanks!!

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Nice, just bought mine with the discount.

Wanted to get a low profile one, but for that price I can't go wrong.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post